Classic UI fails because sitemap could not be found

Hi,

Running new Openhabian install of openHAB 2.5.1-2 on a Raspberry Pi 2 (buster).

I still like to use the Classic UI occasionally from a couple of my desktops but it has quit working. When I try to launch it I get:

Problem accessing /classicui/app. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: Sitemap 'hsh.sitemap' could not be found
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:88)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:494)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:313)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:367)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:782)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:918)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: Sitemap 'hsh.sitemap' could not be found
	at org.openhab.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:204)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:852)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:544)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:536)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1581)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1307)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:293)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:482)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1549)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1204)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)
	... 15 more
Caused by: org.openhab.ui.classic.internal.render.RenderException: Sitemap 'hsh.sitemap' could not be found
	at org.openhab.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:165)
	... 33 more

But if I check the openhab.log file when openHAB is started I get:

2020-01-21 17:29:46.631 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'hsh.sitemap'
2020-01-21 17:29:47.034 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'influxdb.persist'
2020-01-21 17:29:47.382 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'hsh.items'
2020-01-21 17:30:07.665 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Location set to.......

And my iPhone UI looks fine so the sitemap is OK. Why can’t Classic UI find it?

I checked the Classic UI service configuration in Paper UI and hsh.sitemap is shown as the default sitemap.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Dies Basic UI work? Your iPhone is based off that. I think Classic UI was used for openHAB1. I have never used that UI.

HI Bruce,

Yes, I should have mentioned that Basic UI is working fine.
I should also mention that Classic UI was working fine last week on a previous install of the same version. I had to rebuild from scratch when I moved the server from a Pi 3 to the current Pi 2.

Have you made sure the ui is installed? Maybe in the move it did not get reinstalled.

1 Like

Hi Danny,

The Classic UI tile shows up on the “Welcome to openHAB2” page and if I look under add-ons, UIs, it shows as installed.

Just to be sure I uninstalled via Paper UI and then reinstalled. Still get the same Server error as above.

1 Like

Well worth a shot! Glad we know now!
I would run the fix permissions script in openhabian. That’s the last option I have.

1 Like

@Gibber in addition to fix permissions as @Thedannymullen mentioned I would also run add needed packages, and svr mounts.

I tried the above and no help. Then I noticed other strange behavior like missing bindings and icons. At that point I figured I must have a bad SD card. Rebuilt the system with a fresh card and all is well so far.

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Another failed SD card, :expressionless: you may want to look at using an SSD as they will last longer.

Please click the square box on solution post to mark topic as solved.

Thanks

1 Like