Cleaning up the startup process / renaming rules (windows possible)

startup
openhab2
openhabian
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fe0568d6f60> #<Tag:0x00007fe0568d6dd0> #<Tag:0x00007fe0568d6a88>

(Markus Storm) #21

Okay … and what makes you say that ?
(and do you really mean openHABian ? or did you mean to say openHAB?)

(Michael Cumming) #22

Hi,

The version of Linux with the current HABian release is 4.14 - and the command below now works

systemctl edit  openhab2.service

(Markus Storm) #23

Ok. I misunderstood and thought you were referring to the whole need to setup deferred rules processing. That I believe still applies.

(Michael Cumming) #24

Sorry for the confusion - no that is not fixed :frowning: Its why I am reading on ways to solve this problem.

It seems strange to me to not have addressed this. I spent a fair bit of time trying to understand why rules were not working that had been working before. Reading about the problems on here and github makes me think this should be a priority.

(Gavin Murray) #25

I just wanted to add my voice to this thread. This approach (@ptweety override) worked perfectly and resolved a number of long running issues that sometimes caused instability. Thanks!

I would also like to be able to control the order that rules get loaded. I have some rules that do calculations and update the values of other items. If these rules are not run first, I get errors from other rules that try to do calculations on null values.

(Michael Ingraham) #26

This?

(Michael Ingraham) #27

Should this post be referenced in the startup behavior documentation?

For Linux, the override approach is SO simple! In fact, for Linux, why isn’t “delay” approach the “as built” standard. Heck, you could parametrize the delay via an installation configuration or as an openhabian-config function.

This startup synchronization issue gets a lot of dialog. Something to address it built in to the openHAB distribution out of the box?

Regards.

Mike

(fuslwusl) #28

I had the problem with very long startup time on a rp3 with openhabian too. This rule startup delay is a big problem and this solution has to be added to openhabian as default. This will avoid so many work arounds to get rud of startup errors and trouble. A rasperrry is for most of us the hardware setup used for home automation so should get the right priority.