[CLOSED] MQTT binding version 2.4 (Pre-release !)

Why do you thing that the configuration name is “command”? It is documented otherwise :slight_smile:

I also can report that if using MQTT Actions, running mqtt1 and mqtt in parallel doesn’t work (lost broker connections).

@David_Graeff I couldnt find it in the documentation on OpenHab website. Can you give me a reference to where you found it?

Ahh never mind @David_Graeff I see @bern77 provided the info few posts before :see_no_evil: it’s postCommand.

I’ll give it a shot with a workaround.
There’s a simple node.js based HTTP to MQTT bridge (https://github.com/petkov/http_to_mqtt). I’ll replace the MQTT Action calls with HTTP POSTs to the bridge’s URL. Let’s see if this might improve things.

There is an MQTTv2 action:

Use it like this:

val actions = getActions("mqtt","mqtt:broker:myUnsecureBroker")
  actions.publishMQTT("topic", "payload")    

I did, but have faced some issues (see posts above)… this should be a workaround for the time being.

After upgrading 2.4 and switching to MQTT 2 I’m facing similar issues as bern77. I used mqtt event-bus before and recreated it with the following rule:

rule “Publish item changes”
when
Member of gTemperature changed
then
var state = “”
if (triggeringItem.state != null) {
state = triggeringItem.state.toString
val actions = getActions(“mqtt”,“mqtt:broker:myBroker”)
actions.publishMQTT("/myserver/"+triggeringItem.name+"/state",state)
logInfo(“log”, "publish: " + triggeringItem.name + " " + state)
}
end

while the rule works as intended it won’t last 24 hours before I the get same error as bern77. After restarting OpenHAB it works again as it should. There are only 20 messages max per minute so the load is minimal.

Curious to see if others had more success with the new Mqtt binding action.

Could you please open a bug report on Github? So far Kai, who wrote the code, does not yet know that it is failing after a while.

Cheers,
David

Hello,
i have the following problem after migrating to mqtt Binding v2:
The State of a Switch (ON/OFF) is shown in the Sitemap, even though i didn’t specify it.
Here is my .thing:

Thing topic sonoff2 "MQTT Sonoff 2" {
Channels:
Type number : mqttSonoff2RSSI "Empfangsstärke" [ stateTopic="tele/sonoff2/STATE", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.Wifi.RSSI" ] 
Type string : mqttSonoff2Time "Time" [ stateTopic="tele/sonoff2/STATE", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.Time" ] 
Type switch : mqttSonoff2LWT "LWT"[ stateTopic="tele/sonoff2/LWT", on="Online", off="Offline" ] 
Type switch : mqttSonoff2Switch1 "Media" [ stateTopic="tele/sonoff2/STATE", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.POWER1", 
                                               commandTopic="cmnd/sonoff2/POWER1", on="ON", off="OFF" ]
Type switch : mqttSonoff2Switch2 "XBox" [ stateTopic="tele/sonoff2/STATE", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.POWER2", 
                                              commandTopic="cmnd/sonoff2/POWER2", on="ON", off="OFF" ]
}

My .item:

Switch Sonoff2switch1 "Media" (G_Sonoff2) 
{ channel="mqtt:topic:mosqitto:sonoff2:mqttSonoff2Switch1" }
Switch Sonoff2switch2 "Xbox" (G_Sonoff2) 
{ channel="mqtt:topic:mosqitto:sonoff2:mqttSonoff2Switch2" }

My .sitemap:

Switch item=Sonoff2switch1
Switch item=Sonoff2switch2

How to suppress the ON/OFF State in the Label ?

Regards, René

I’m not sure if that solution works ( I’m on the road, can’t test)., but it’s worth a try.

yes, it works!

However, I do not understand the cause of the problem. with version MQTT v1 I did not have this problem …

As said on the other thread, that migth be a new feature instead of a problem.

I’m sorry, I still do not understand it:
I have both versions (v1 and v2) of the MQTT binding installed in parallel (although not recommended):
and the item of MQTT v1 works the way I want, item from MQTT v2 returns a different result for the same sitemap syntax?

MQTT v1 item:

Switch                  sonoff3_Reachable       "sonoff3 TH16"                  <switch>                                { mqtt="<[broker:tele/sonoff3-th/LWT:state:MAP(reachable.map)]" }

result:

an MQTT v2 item:

Switch                  sonoff1_Reachable       "sonoff1 BASIC"                 <switch>                                    { channel="mqtt:topic:Mosquitto:sonoff1Basic:ReachableSonoff1" }

result:

sitemap:

Frame label="sonoff1" {
				Switch 	item=sonoff1_Reachable 		mappings=[ON="online ✔"] 		icon="connected" 	visibility=[sonoff1_Reachable=="ON"]
				Switch 	item=sonoff1_Reachable 		mappings=[OFF="offline ✘"] 		icon="error" 		visibility=[sonoff1_Reachable!="ON"]
			}

Frame label="PC-KELLER" {
				Switch 	item=sonoff3_Reachable 		mappings=[ON="online ✔"] 		icon="connected"	visibility=[sonoff3_Reachable=="ON"]
				Switch 	item=sonoff3_Reachable 		mappings=[OFF="offline ✘"]		icon="error" 		visibility=[sonoff3_Reachable!="ON"]
			}

OK. That proves my theory wrong! In this case I can not say why this displays differently.

Thanks!

There’s another thing I’m struggling with: I understand with the postUpdate option I can determine if a state update should be interpreted as a command or just a state.
But on the outbound side - is there any way to also publish state updates of items, not just commands?
At the moment I use a rule like this as a workaround:

rule "MQTT Post State Updtes"
  when
    Member of gSomeGroup changed
  then
    triggeringItem.sendCommand(triggeringItem.state.toString)
end

Im experiencing the same issue as @911rgt and @bern77. After a while (already after 4 hours last night) it stopped working and I started receiving:

2018-12-26 04:41:33.746 [WARN ] [home.binding.mqtt.action.MQTTActions] - MQTT publish to openHAB/topic failed!

After restarting OpenHAB it starts working again for a few hours.

I’m giving up - I’ll revert back to the mqtt1 Binding for the time being.
For a small installation the 2.4 Binding might be working fine, but in my case I’m just amassing workarounds and still the functionality is not as stable as that of the mqtt1 Binding.
I really appreciate the migration to the openhab2 architecture, but I’m afraid for me the binding is not yet usable.

This action part is apparently not working stable. It has nothing to do with the mqtt binding by the way. This is how all actions in the future are going to be called.

So please open bug reports if that is not working stable enough otherwise openHAB will be really broken when other actions are auto migrated at some point.