Collection of working z-wave configs

Hi all. FWIW, I spent the past few days trying to find advice on pairing the monoprice zp3102 to my openhab setup using the Aeon Labs Aotec Z-stick S2 (S2E). The include instructions told you to get your controller ready to pair, then with the case off the Monoprice Motion / Temperature Sensor PIR unit, press the pairing button on its back. It didn’t work for me. After various attempts (and I knew from pairing my other 3 devices that my setup worked), I reached out to Monoprice tech support.

Tech support recommended hitting the button twice to pair. That changed the PIR’s LED from flashing to solid, but I still had to exclude and include it a few more times using a mix of double-tap and single taps to get it finally reporting as the right unit and green in my habmin console. I hope this post saves someone the time I spent piecing this solution together. Cheers!

Nice thread, maybe it can be pinned to top for further reference?
Following is a working configuration for the Eurotronic Stella Z thermostat.

Items:
Number Temp_Sensor_StellaZ_Bad "Badezimmer Temperatur: [%.1f C]" <temperature> (Heizung,Bad,Temperaturen) { zwave="28:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1" } Number Battery_Sensor_StellaZ_Bad "Badezimmer Batterie: [%d %%]" <energy> (Heizung,Batterien) { zwave="28:command=battery" } Number Temp_Setpoint_StellaZ_Bad " [%d]" <temperature> (Heizung,Heizung_Soll) { zwave="28:command=thermostat_setpoint, setpoint_type=1" }

Sitemap:
Text item=Temp_Sensor_StellaZ_Bad Text item=Battery_Sensor_StellaZ_Bad Setpoint item=Temp_Setpoint_StellaZ_Bad label="Badezimmertemperatur Soll [%d °C]" minValue=6 maxValue=30 step=1

I’ve got several of these installed. Unfortunately the Battery level indicator is calibrated for non rechargeable batteries. I’m using rechargeable ones, which get reported as empty too soon…

I think it would be better to create a wiki page tbh…

2 Likes

Config for D-Link DCH-Z110

Contact C “Movement [%s]” (gf) { zwave=“10:command=SENSOR_BINARY,respond_to_basic=TRUE” }
Number T “Temperature [%.1f °C]” (gf) { zwave=“10:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1” }
Number H “Luminance [%.0f Lux]” (gf) { zwave=“10:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=3” }

Working on a wiki page now!

Will keep working on it over the next few days to tidy it up

7 Likes

ZXT 120 infrared remote for Aircon:
Items:
Number HVAC_HeatSetPoint "Heating [%.1f °C]" <thermostat> { zwave="88:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=0" } Number HVAC_CoolSetPoint "Cooling [%.1f °C]" <thermostat> { zwave="88:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=2,setpoint_scale=0" } Number HVAC_Temperature "Temperature [%.1f °C]" <temperature> { zwave="88:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,refresh_interval=60" } Number HVAC_Mode "Mode [%s]" { zwave="88:command=thermostat_mode" } Number HVAC_Fan_Mode "Fan mode [%s]"{zwave="88:command=thermostat_fan_mode" }

Sitemap:
Setpoint item=HVAC_HeatSetPoint step=1 minValue=18 maxValue=30 Setpoint item=HVAC_CoolSetPoint step=1 minValue=18 maxValue=30 Text item=HVAC_Temperature Selection item=HVAC_Mode mappings=[0="Off",1="Heating",2="Cooling", 3="Auto", 5="Resume", 6="Venting", 8="Dehumid"] Selection item=HVAC_Fan_Mode mappings=[0="Auto Low",1="Low", 2="Auto high", 3="High", 4="Auto medium", 5="Medium"]

Great! One thing that could help as well are necessary rules to get the items work properly. E.g. the colour selection circle with a fibaro RGBW module only works with a corresponding rule. But maybe the same wiki page is not the perfect place for rules like that…

// AN157 Switch Plugin
Switch SWITCH_LIGHT_Screw “LightScrew” (GF_Kitchen) {zwave=“6:command=switch_binary,refresh_interval=120”}

Device picture

Do you really need to poll the AN157?

Looking for the correct COLOR item definition for the Aeon RGB ZW098 Bulbs. When COLOR becomes functional please add it to the Examples Wiki.

I took a look at the ZW098 last night as mine just arrived for testing. The z-wave database entry is not updated for the functions of the bulb. Also worth noting is this device will likely only be fully functional with OpenHAB2 going forward.

I hope to have time to update the database entry this weekend.

I upgraded to OH2 just for this bulb, so I’m looking forward to it working soon.

Thanks for you work. I’m happy to help document it when it is functional.

T

No, mine is working fine without polling.

Hi Jörg,

Just wanted to thank you for that rule - works brilliantly.

Also, in case anyone is searching these forums for info on the Fibaro RGBW controller, it took me a while before I realised that the controller, and most RGBW strips, are common anode not common cathode. Hence you connect the common connector on the strip to the 12V line going to the 12V connector on the Fibaro to (not, as I’d assumed, to ground).

Dan