Colorpicker: brightness is always set to maximum after turning on

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi with OpenHABian
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0

Hi,

I’m using a RGB LED-Controller flashed with Tasmota 6.6.0 controlled through a MQTT broker.
Here’s my current config:

Things:

Bridge mqtt:broker:LED_Control [ host="localhost", secure=false, username="openhabian", password="99Br0k3r!", clientID="LED_Control" ] {
    Thing topic LED_01 "LEDs Fernseher" @ "EG_Wohnzimmer" {
        Channels:
            Type switch : PowerSwitch [stateTopic="stat/led_01/RESULT" , commandTopic="cmnd/led_01/POWER", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.POWER", on="ON", off="OFF" ]
            Type string : ColorValue [stateTopic="stat/led_01/RESULT", commandTopic="cmnd/led_01/Color", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.Color"]
    }
}

Items:

Color LED_01Color "Wohnzimmer LED TV" <colorpicker> (EG_Wohnzimmer, g_Licht, S_TV_Abend, g_Abwesenheit) ["Lighting", "Switchable"]   
String LED_01String {channel="mqtt:topic:LED_Control:LED_01:ColorValue"}                                      

Rules:

rule "LED_01"
when
     Item LED_01Color changed
then
     var HSBType hsbValue_01
     var int redValue_01
     var int greenValue_01
     var int blueValue_01
     var String RGBvalues_01
     hsbValue_01 = LED_01Color.state as HSBType
     redValue_01 = (hsbValue_01.red * 2.55).intValue
     greenValue_01 = (hsbValue_01.green * 2.55).intValue
     blueValue_01 = (hsbValue_01.blue * 2.55).intValue
     RGBvalues_01= redValue_01.toString + "," + greenValue_01.toString + "," + blueValue_01.toString
     sendCommand(LED_01String, RGBvalues_01)
     logInfo("LED_01Color", RGBvalues_01)
end

Sitemap:

sitemap test label="Test" {
    Colorpicker item=LED_01Color
}

So currently the color picker works like a charm. Turning off an on also works without a problem. Also changing the brightness below the color picker is working. But if I then turn the LED off and on again with the down and up arrows, the brightness is set to maximum again.

For example if I change the color to full blue, these values are send: RGB=0,0,255
If I set the brightness lower it changes to: RGB=0,0,173
But after turning off and on it changes again to: RGB=0,0,255

Is there any easy way to save the brightness? Or are there better ways to implement RGB controllers with Tasmota?

Thanks,
Sebastian

If you look in your events.log for the on-off events, you may get a clearer understanding of what is happening.

In tasmota, in the console, try:

setoption20 1

It may work or not, not sure, but it’s an educated guess

Hmm ok. This just tells me what I already know. Pressing the up button sends the brightness to 100%.

This just causes, that the LED stripe is not turning on again. The solution would be if the down arrow would send Power off to my MQTT broker and the up button would send on.
Alternatively, I need to add an additional switch. But it would be nice to keep the sitemap simple.

Then change your arduino code to respond the the actual messagees sent by OH

How would that help? OH sends 100% brightness.

That’s because the ON command for a dimmer is automatically converted to 100%
What you need is a proxy items and some rules