Comfoair: Change fan speed on WHR930

Hi Bart, as I suspected the binding is still trying to update values (ventilation#fanIn3, ventilation#fanOut3), which are not valid anymore due to the recent changes. However, I’m not sure why this happens since the binding is supposed to only update channels that are linked to an item. AFAICS these items are commented out in your .items file and thus shouldn’t be linked anymore, if they aren’t defined anywhere else.
Could you have a look using following console commands, if there are any remaining links for these channels?

openhab:links orphan list

or

openhab:links list

if the former command doesn’t provide anything suspicious.
If any orphaned links are found, these could be deleted with

openhab:links orphan purge

@BartVdP I think I found the issue in the code and fixed it. Would you be able to do an additional test before I submit the PR?

@boehan Tested the new binding. Still have some warnings…

[WARN ] [ng.comfoair.internal.ComfoAirHandler] - unexpected value for DATA:  28 46 64 28 3c 64 23 00 01 00

Checked also the remaining links but found nothing suspicious.
Uploaded the the needed logs…

Let me know if i need to test some more!

Comfoair_Eventlog20210413_FanIn.log (54.0 KB)

@BartVdP are you sure you used the latest version? This warning should look different since the previous update.
I recompiled and uploaded it again (same link) just in case the error was on my side.

@boehan Sorry, the problem was on my side. I thought just dropping the jar in the add-on folder and removing the previous one was sufficient…NOT :thinking:

Just for the completeness:
When i looked in the console bundle:list | grep Add-on there where more instance’s of the binding than just one…
So stopped the bundle via the command bundle:stop ID where ID is the instance number and uninstalled the bundle with the command bundle:uninstall ID.
After that I restart OH and everything worked fine! No more comfoair binding issues :+1:

What I still need to test:

• The Filter reset command
  • The Error reset command
  • Change the fanlevel, but I thing this wouldn’t work without a CCE-Easy interface… correct?

If I need to test some more, just let me know.
I have learned a lot with this try-outs! many thanks! :grinning:

Not sure what you mean by this, but changing the fan level is possible with ventilation#fanLevel channel (but I think you’re aware of that, since it’s in your items file).

I’m still thinking about how to best implement a “restricted” thing configuration (for WHR930 and probably some more). Will try to figure this out at the weekend. However, it would be really helpful if you could go over the channel list (I know, it’s pretty long) and check which channels/datapoints are not available (technically) on your device. Otherwise I would have to guess based on a manual, which seems to be only available in a language I hardly understand (NL).

@boehan
Hi Hans,

It took me a while to find some spare time to test the complete binding but i have found it…

I will write my findings in this document…

First of all the WHR930 Basic system is already 10years old and the manufacturer was Stork-air, as the type number is telling, this is the BASIC ventilation system.
Right now the manufacturer is Zehnder and there are probably some modifications done in the past…I have noticed that the menu P1 and P9 doesn’t exist on my system but have read in the new downloaded document from Zehnder that those menu’s are available…

In the tabel you can find the column “Findings” where i have wrote:

• Readable => the item can be read (even if this is not available on the WHR930 Basic)
  • Not Readable => the item can not be read and is also not available on the WHR930 Basic

the column “WHR930 Basic” i have wrote:

• not available => not available nore with an option module
  • not available on WHR930 Basic => not available on the WHR930 Basic but could be available as a option module!

Hope this is helpful!

Report_comfoair1.pdf (1018.4 KB)
Report_comfoair2.pdf (77.8 KB)

Hi Bart, thanks for your efforts listing the available channels. I tried to work out an appropriate WHR930 thing based on that and what I could figure out from the manual (basically compared menu IDs with the CA350).
Some notes according to your findings:

• That the ventilation symbol changes when changing the fan speed is a bit strange, but that shouldn’t be related to the OH binding. I would expect the same behaviour, if you change the fan speed on the original control.
  • According to the manual, GHX, heater and cookerhood don’t seem to be available options for the WHR930 so I removed them completely (with all related channels)
  • That freezeTime is always 0h could just mean that temperatures were never low enough to trigger the frost protection (dependent on your location)
  • That bypassTime stays 0h is strange, but could just mean that it never opens (in summer). Since it apparently works on my device, it could still be that your device uses a different command. Not sure if the actual time value can be read from the original control?
  • I would consider the P-menus available according to the manual so I kept them
  • bypassSummer has nothing to do with the actual bypass state. AFAIK it just tells, if the device switched to summer mode, which basically allows the bypass to be activated (this is an internal logic of the device, which is dependent on the ambient temperature over time)
  • L1/L2Switch just indicate, if according step switches are installed and have AFAIK nothing to do with the current fan level (although the described behaviour is a bit strange)
  • For the resets you have to send 1 an use a number item
  • According to the manual the enthaly option should be available, so I kept the channels for the WHR930
  • According to the manual there are no analog inputs for the WHR930 so I removed those channels

I still have to do some basic testing of the new thing type and update the documentation, but I think I will have a PR ready by tomorrow.