Config questions Intertechno Binding

Hi,

I’m using OpenHAB since some weeks on my Raspberry Pi 2 … and it’s working fine so far.
Working fine = bindings for Philips Hue, Fritzbox and Denon Receiver.

To enhance my installation I decided to buy a CUL-Stick V3.
And the first hardware that I want to control with this CUL-Stick are Intertechno Remote-controlled electrical sockets.

But even after hours … it’s not working :frowning:

What did I try:

• I installed homegear in my PI (do I need this ?)
  • Intertechno binding and cul transport are in the addon directory
  • “culintertechno:device=serial:/dev/ttyACM0” is in the openhab config file
  • item "Switch fs20Light1 {culintertechno=“type=raw;address=FF000FFF;commandOn=FF;commandOff=F0”} " is defined

But nothing happens after using the switch.
In the logfile I can find:
2015-08-31 21:27:34.206 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents ] - fs20Light1 received command ON
2015-08-31 21:27:35.982 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents ] - fs20Light1 received command OFF

Any hints what to do?
How can I check if the CUL-Stick is sending the right command?
Who has a working configuration and can help?

Best regards,
Albert

Hi Albert,

your config seems to be correct, besides the double quote in ‘item "Switch …’ ( the one before the “S”) is wrong or this is a typo only.

I assume when you say “after using the switch” you are talking about the fs20Light1 in the user interface. As your log states, the command was recognized within openHAB. So it seems, that the CUL did not send something to the Intertechno devices.

Did you add
-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyACM0
-Djava.library.path=lib:/usr/lib/jni
to your start.sh script?
see also https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/CUL-Binding

Try to activate a more detailed logging with adding the next line to the “logback.xml” or “logback_debug.xml” when running in debug mode:
<logger name=“org.openhab.io.transport.cul” level=“DEBUG” />
or
<logger name=“org.openhab.io.transport.cul” level=“TRACE” />
for even more details…

We can also have a chat in the next days :wink:

Just in case ;-): Intertechno devices are usually using 433 Mhz while CUL usually is flashed in 868 Mhz mode. Both should use the same frequencies.

Cheers
Dirk

I have a very similar Problem. Albert, is your setup working by now?