Configuration model 'test.rules' is either empty or cannot be parsed correctly!

The warning you see in the logs is normal. You are probably editing your file over SAMBA or using one of the many text editors that generate two file system events when you save your file. When you see “Loading model …” without an error or warning immediately after your file loaded successfully.

Check events.log to verify that Schuko_OG_Gang is actually receiving the command.

Add a logInfo as the first line of your rule to verify whether the Rule is triggering or the problem is with your sendCommand.

And in the future please use code fences so your rules and logs are easier to read:

```
code goes here
```

I have the same issue, and I can’t find any errors to my code:
// Imports
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.items
org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.actions

rule “Wallplug_FF_LR_TV ON”
when
Item GF_Kitchen_Light changed from OFF to ON
then
GF_LivingDining_Power.sendCommand(ON)
end

I’m running openHab as a docker. could that be a problem here? If the dockers are using the pointed out folders (cond and userdata) using a samba protocol.

Here is the logs:
2018-03-22 11:55:42.777 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘test2.rules’
2018-03-22 11:55:42.779 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘test2.rules’ is either empty or cannot be parsed correctly!

And the simple rule isn’t working…

Hi,
Can you remove the imports, you don’t need them.
Can you post the rule code in rules codes fences, please?

Thanks

1. remove the imports at the beginning
  2. If you are changing the files via samba share, then there should be a third line in the logs saying "Loading model ‘test2.rules’ "
  3. use a logInfo as mentioned before:
  1. check if “GF_Kitchen_Light” and “GF_LivingDining_Power” are Switch items…

Andreas

PS: most of possible solutions are written in the 20+ posts before. Please read carefully the posts and try to find the solution before asking the same questions again and again… If there is still a problem please feel free to describe what you have done so far and what the error is…

Thanks for the help. I got it working now.
The item had a duplicate with a similar name, my bad.