Connect Conbee II to OH3 on openhabean

• Platform information:
    • Raspi 400
    • Current openhabean
    • OH3

I’m finally running OH3 on a Raspi. New install.
Now I’m trying to connect zigby devices with conbee ii stick.
Is there an install and configure tutorial on newbee level?

Thx Ferdinand

Did you have a look to the Conbee installation instructions at ConBee Installation ?

I saw it but did’nt realize I could use it on openhabian as well.
So I’ll give that a try. Thank you.

So I did get the deconz installed and I can start the gui and add devices via the Phoscon App.
But when I put the deconz service back in headless mode
the thing will still give me the
COMMUNICATION_ERROR
java.net.UnknownHostException: openhabiandevice: Der Name oder der Dienst ist nicht bekannt
Any ideas?

• did you use the hostname openhabiandevice during configuration of Conbee device / Phoscon App ?
  • is the name openhabiandevice resolved to it’s IP address in your network ?
  • in case it is not can you make sure that it is and check again ?

Thanks Wolfgang,
the problem seems to be that I changed the host name after installing the thing.
And changing the hostname does not seem to change the host name everywhere.
So I de-installed and re-installed with the proper hostname and that removed the previous problem, just to show this one

CONFIGURATION_PENDING
Allow authentication for 3rd party apps. Trying again in 10 seconds”

(I have not entered and api-key, because following these hints Teil 4: OpenHab2 – Frust mit Zigbee – das DECONZ-Binding – Flo’s Smarthome, there was not api-key shown in the thing config)

Thx for your ideas …
Ferdinand

So you are asking know how to configure the Conbee bridge thing ?
Do you already have an api key ? If not please get if from the deconz interface ( see Getting Started - deCONZ REST-API . At least I did it in a similar way. According to the description it also should be possible that the binding donwloads the key itself.

I created an item file for my Conbee II thing and it looks like:

Bridge deconz:deconz:phoscon-gw [ host="192.168.0.26", httpPort="8090", apikey="123456789A" ] {
   presencesensor      osram-presence     "Livingroom Presence"       		[ id="2" ]
   temperaturesensor   osram-temperature  "Livingroom Temperature"    		[ id="3" ]

presencesensor      philips-presence     "Livingroom P Presence"       	[ id="4" ]
   temperaturesensor   philips-temperature  "Livingroom P Temperature"    	[ id="5" ]
   lightsensor         philips-daylight     "Livingroom P Daylight"       	[ id="6" ]

openclosesensor     openclose-heating    "Heating Door"	[ id="7" ]
}
1 Like

Solved.
Getting Started - deCONZ REST-API. Here the screenshots for the German Interface

Click pancake menu top left and select Einstellungen-Gateway
grafik
Click “Erweitert” at the bottom
grafik
Click App verbinden and switch to openhab to complet process

openhab will now show an api-key in the deconz binding.

1 Like

Hi
I am a total OpenHAB(ian) beginner and am apparently too much of a novice to understand the communiction above.

I have litterally 0 things added to openHABian yet. I thought to start with a simple task: switch on/off a light with a ZigBee plug.

I ran the ConBee installation as discribed on the ConBee site as per the instructions for raspbian.

I get stuck when using the deCONZ application.
Where should I see this application, or how should I access deCONZ?

Running a fresh install of openHAB 3.3.0 on RasberyPi 3B+

Why. There’s an installation option INSIDE openHABian.

I did so because that was suggested in this thread.

Nice that there is an integrated installation option.
Can you tell me how please?

Does that work through the Web-Gui or CLI?

• logon to your pi
  • run: sudo netstat -tulpn | grep -i deconz
  • run: ps -ef |grep -i deconz
  • this should show a process called deConz and the ports it uses
  • use your webbrowser to connect to your pi and use the configured http port to connect to the deconz device
  • using that web UI you can connect zigbee devices to your deConz device

Menu entry 29 installs the deConz software using openhabian-config.
Once it is installed you need to go to the web UI of the deConz software via a browser.

Oh come on. Is it asked too much to start the config tool and just look for yourself before asking?

What Web-GUI ? openHABian has got none.

I get openhab+ 13334 9967 0 22:57 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i deconz as a reply.

tried both [ipaddress]:13334 and [ipaddress]:9967 in my browser.
Both unable to connect.

Nope.
It should look like

netstat -tulpn |grep -i deConz
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8090            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      373/deCONZ          
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9443            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      373/deCONZ          
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1900            0.0.0.0:*                           373/deCONZ

Resp.

ps -ef |grep -i deconz
root       354     1  0 Aug06 ?        03:04:56 /bin/bash /usr/bin/deCONZ-update2.sh
root       366     1  0 Aug06 ?        07:23:43 /bin/bash /usr/bin/deCONZ-WIFI2.sh
openhab+   373     1  0 Aug06 ?        18:36:17 /usr/bin/deCONZ -platform minimal --http-port=8090 --ws-port=9443

The interesting port in my case is port 8090.

In your case it just shows the executing of the grep command itself. That means that the deCONZ service is not running.

What is returned by:

sudo systemctl status deconz.service

On port 8080 there is a beautiful Web-GUI.
Sorry to ask obvious questions.

but that’s the OH interface isn’t it ? Not the deCONZ interface ?

I get:

openhabian@openhabian:~ $ sudo systemctl status deconz.service
● deconz.service - deCONZ: ZigBee gateway -- REST API
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/deconz.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: inactive (dead)

Correct. Was a reply to mstormi