Connect Conbee II to OH3 on openhabean

• Platform information:
    • Raspi 400
    • Current openhabean
    • OH3

I’m finally running OH3 on a Raspi. New install.
Now I’m trying to connect zigby devices with conbee ii stick.
Is there an install and configure tutorial on newbee level?

Thx Ferdinand

Did you have a look to the Conbee installation instructions at ConBee Installation ?

I saw it but did’nt realize I could use it on openhabian as well.
So I’ll give that a try. Thank you.

So I did get the deconz installed and I can start the gui and add devices via the Phoscon App.
But when I put the deconz service back in headless mode
the thing will still give me the
COMMUNICATION_ERROR
java.net.UnknownHostException: openhabiandevice: Der Name oder der Dienst ist nicht bekannt
Any ideas?

• did you use the hostname openhabiandevice during configuration of Conbee device / Phoscon App ?
  • is the name openhabiandevice resolved to it’s IP address in your network ?
  • in case it is not can you make sure that it is and check again ?

Thanks Wolfgang,
the problem seems to be that I changed the host name after installing the thing.
And changing the hostname does not seem to change the host name everywhere.
So I de-installed and re-installed with the proper hostname and that removed the previous problem, just to show this one

CONFIGURATION_PENDING
Allow authentication for 3rd party apps. Trying again in 10 seconds”

(I have not entered and api-key, because following these hints Teil 4: OpenHab2 – Frust mit Zigbee – das DECONZ-Binding – Flo’s Smarthome, there was not api-key shown in the thing config)

Thx for your ideas …
Ferdinand

So you are asking know how to configure the Conbee bridge thing ?
Do you already have an api key ? If not please get if from the deconz interface ( see Getting Started - deCONZ REST-API . At least I did it in a similar way. According to the description it also should be possible that the binding donwloads the key itself.

I created an item file for my Conbee II thing and it looks like:

Bridge deconz:deconz:phoscon-gw [ host="192.168.0.26", httpPort="8090", apikey="123456789A" ] {
   presencesensor      osram-presence     "Livingroom Presence"       		[ id="2" ]
   temperaturesensor   osram-temperature  "Livingroom Temperature"    		[ id="3" ]

presencesensor      philips-presence     "Livingroom P Presence"       	[ id="4" ]
   temperaturesensor   philips-temperature  "Livingroom P Temperature"    	[ id="5" ]
   lightsensor         philips-daylight     "Livingroom P Daylight"       	[ id="6" ]

openclosesensor     openclose-heating    "Heating Door"	[ id="7" ]
}
1 Like

Solved.
Getting Started - deCONZ REST-API. Here the screenshots for the German Interface

Click pancake menu top left and select Einstellungen-Gateway
grafik
Click “Erweitert” at the bottom
grafik
Click App verbinden and switch to openhab to complet process

openhab will now show an api-key in the deconz binding.

1 Like