Connect KNX bus with USB on Windows 10

Hello,

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: PC
    • openHAB version: 3.1.0
  • Issue of the topic:
    I want to control my KNX bus with USB. I have a following reference USB module: Theben ref 9070397
    On Windows 10, I can’t find the COM port to put on OpenHAB. There is nothing on Windows settings.
    Do you have any idea how to drive this USB module with Windows?

I thank you in advance

Hello Alex,
welcome to the openHAB Community !

Small question from my side:
Yes, it costs some money, but : Why not switching to an IP Interface ? This makes things much easier
with respect to connecting to multiple device and considering the allowed cable length.
These USB interfaces in my personal opinion are of use when initially setting up the knx bus without having LAN available yet or as a backup interface in case of technical issues. But as soon as you have a proper network running the IP interfaces provide much better usability and you are free to choose your computers location.
Might be worth thinking about before you invest much effort into it…

Besides that check out this link on knx.org.
There seem to be issues with windows 8 / 10 and there is a linke to a “knxusbfix”, which may help.

Regards
Thomas

Thanks your quick response. For now, I don’t have Ethernet Interface. I have check your link, but for the moment that doesn’t work

Regards

Hello,
I allow myself to relaunch the subject on my connection between the KNX and openHAB in USB
I have no problem connecting it to ETS, it is immediately recognized. On the other hand, I cannot connect it to OpenHAB because I do not have the number of the COM port in my Windows settings.
Do you have any idea how to connect the 2 together?

Thanks