LGWebOS Binding (for LG WebOS TVs)

Just bind the appLauncher channel to a string item and watch how the value gets updated as you navigate through TV functions. Amazon Prime , HDMI, tv via internal receivers are all “applications”. That way you find out which string to sent to the channel to make the tv switch to it.

1 Like

Hi Sebastian,

I just implemented the following rule: “When my LG TV is turned on, turn off my Sonos”.

The rule is working fine.

However, I do notice a delay. When I turn on my TV (using my IR remote), there is an approx. 5 second delay before the power-channel is switched on. Is this normal? Do you observe the same delay? Is this something that can be configured?

Thanks,
Dries

Yes, it is normal. I experience the same. TV needs to boot. Only once it is done, it can be detected on the network.

1 Like

Hi,

please let me know if anyone has objections to remove Program and External Input channels. Program is not working for me. External Input is redundant to the more general Application channel.

Sebastian

Hi,
No objections, both channels haven’t worked for me either. Good luck! Let us know if you were able to figure out Netflix/Youtube integration. :slight_smile:

Please find the first Release Candidate here: https://github.com/sprehn/openhab2-addons/releases

1 Like

Hi Sebastion,

Thanks for continuing to work on this binding!

Maybe it’s my English, but:
void showToast(String deviceId, String text)”

“void” means the showToast action is not valid (/available) anymore?

it means it does not return any value

Hi there,

I just tried to install the ConnectSDK Binding on my Raspberry Pi and couldn’t find my TV via auto-discovery as well as via entering its IP-adress into the binding-configuration. I tried it on my Raspberry Pi 2 over Ethernet and on the Raspberry Pi Zero over WiFi. I tried both with OpenHABian with the release and the snapshot version.
Now the strange thing is, with OH2 on my windows machine the binding works perfectly fine.
Does anyone has a solution for this problem or has the same problem? Thanks!

Cheers!

maybe obvious question, is your Pi on the same network as your TV and did you pick the IP of the network interface that is on this network?

Also, the variable “local IP” should contain the IP of OpenHAB, not the IP of your television. It might be a bit counter-intuitive…

Hi @sprehn, i got error after OH update:

openhab> bundle:restart 9
Error executing command: Error restarting bundles:
	Unable to start bundle 9: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.connectsdk [9]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.common.base; version="10.0.1"

How can i fix that?

Hi,

this is my 5th day with OpenHab. I am trying to get my TV connected to the (basic) openhab system. I have added the .jar file to to add ons file and the binding is appearing on the paperUI. The TV is not discovered when auto discover is run. The TV is connected to the same network as the pi hosting the server.

Im pretty lost on where to turn now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

It seems like com.google.common.base is in that version is no longer provided by the basic installation. I have to find some time to look at this. Any suggestions from the community are welcome.

Can you try to set you local IP of your RasPi in the configuration section of the binding:

@simonhr Did you solve your problem. Sounds like the same issue to me.

@sprehn thank you for the fast reply. I added the openhanb servers IP to the local IP. Still no device discovery…I can usually get a grasp on quite what is happening e.g. Sonos/hue, however my head is slightly confused with this method…

I hope @simonhr managed to sort out the issue as well.

Thanks

Connect SDK uses SSDP to broadcast a search message via UDP on the network. The binding tries to autodectect which network interface to use. But in some cases that may not be possible. In this case a log entry will show in openhab.log. So I suggest to monitor that.

I had the same problem after an upgrade. I uninstalled this binding via the Karaf Console, and I reinstalled the binding (make sure you download the latest version). Problem was solved!

Okay so I have looked through the openhanded.log, I’m getting a lot of “no pair key defined” from when i was using the LGTV binding, even when all of the references to that have been removed. Im also getting this, which seems to imply that as its taking more than 5000ms then its stopping the search.

2017-06-28 12:13:38.270 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Disposing handler for thing 'connectsdk:WebOSTV:bcd65740' takes more than 5000ms.

Tested this binding (finally), and at first sight: it works! :wink:

Just for reference:

My config: OH2 with LG OLED SmartTV version 04.31.10

• I’ve downloaded the latest jar file (201705261008) and put it in my addons folder.

• Waited a bit till paperUI pick ups the television
    (I had to change my network, pitty, since my setup was server dmz, clients… :’( ).

• Copied info of newly created thing (fe connectsdk:WebOSTV:192_168_222_4:power)

• Added some items

Switch Oledus_power   "On/Off"   {channel="connectsdk:WebOSTV:192_168_222_4:power" }
Switch Oledus_mute   "Mute"   {channel="connectsdk:WebOSTV:192_168_222_4:mute" }
  • Added some sitemap items
 Group item=Oledus {
             Switch item=Oledus_power
             Switch item=Oledus_mute
       }
  • Confirmed on my television that I ‘trust’ this new connection for eternity

• Tested the mute function, and … silence in the room …

Nice work!!!

ps Has somebody a nice item/sitemap example for the smarttv? Before I start trying to build something myself… :blush: