LGWebOS Binding (for LG WebOS TVs)

A small update: using this Node.JS example my TV gets discovered, so there could be something broken in OH or in the binding. Is there a way to debug or at least get some logs from the discovery process?

Found the problem! My Emby instance was occupting port 1900 :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it possible to set the picturemode via this binding aswell?

For example if I start my xbox I would like it to change to the picturemode “Game”

No. This does not seem to be offered over the api.

Hi since i have updated my LG-TV to version 4.25.70 i cant use the Binding. The Item is always offline. Can i downgrade the WebOS? I will turn off my TV via this binding. I love it :wink:

I added the binding this weekend and tried to make it work. And everything works fine except that the power-item sometimes will show as ON when the TV is off and OFF when the TV is ON.

If the TV is OFF and the switch I use to control it is ON, the TV turns ON if I send a command OFF to the Item. Does anyone else see this behavior and know if it is possible to solve?

My main goal is to able to say “okay google, netflix time” and trigger a rule who turns my receiver and TV on and to the correct inputs/outputs/apps. This works, but only when the channel state and the state of the (physical) TV are in sync - which is apprx 50% of the time.

TLDR: The TV does not report its correct state over the power channel. If the TV is off and the channel reports ON, I can turn the TV on by sending OFF (and vice versa).

the binding will update the power channel to ON once it discovers the TV. It takes a few seconds until the TV boots up and until the discovery over upnp finds the device.

That sounds like reasonable behavior, but it’s not the behavior I see. It seems like the channel can be ON even though the TV has been off for several hours.

Also, if the TV has not been on for some time, the TV does not react to power-commands. It’s connected to wire and has the settings for being turned on externally turned on. The TV will turn off and on by sending commands to the channel when the TV has been on lately.

Alright, I spent a few minutes (hours) in this yesterday and it seems like the following is true for my LG TV (OLED 55 C7 [VAEN]):

First of all

• I might have have lacked autoupdate=false in the channel-description of the item which might explain the strange behavior the other day.

More importantly - about WOL, powering on the TV and stand-by

• The TV will turn off and on both by WOL and over wi-fi through the channel when in regular stand-by.
  • The TV goes into “deep standby” after 15 minutes or so.
  • When in deep, neither WOL nor the channel works for waking up the TV.

So for this TV the only solution seems to be CEC or turning the TV on with the remote and then triggering everything else.

Maybe it is an option to disable deep sleep under energy settings.

There is an option named something like Quick mode which prevents the TV from turning completely off, but apparently the TV goes to a deeper stand by which I haven’t found any options to prevent (or information about).

I am on WebOS 4.3. I cannot get the binding to connect. I tried without specifying the OH IP and not. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Mike

Since recently I have an LG tv with webos. Installed the binding and the tv gets discovered in OH 2.3
The problem is that everytime I turn off the tv the old thing doens’t work anymore and a new thing is discovered with another id, so the items don’t work anymore.
I also don’t see anything on the tv screen about pairing.
Pairing a tablet with the lg app works fine.
Any idea?

thanks

Hi,

did you follow the instructions in the documentation to turn on LG Connect Apps?

Otherwise you may find hints by turning on debug log level for the binding and monitoring the logs.
log:set debug org.openhab.binding.lgwebos

Sebastian

Hi,

at some point we switched from using the IP as thingID to using the UUID provided by the device. So, yes, you may need to rebind your items, but the device remains paired.

Sebastian

Does anyone have an idea or a tip for me?

Unfortunately not

and I don’t think you can downgrade

did you check the connect app settings on the tv?

Yes i do. Damn. So i have to configure my broadlink rm mini 3 :sweat_smile: I’m just too lazy. The binding has always worked so well.

Is there any good news?

Hello!
I have a problem. Can not change channel. You get the command but nothing happens.
"2018-09-30 21:46:10.200 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LG_TV0_VolDummy’ received command 0

2018-09-30 21:46:10.224 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LG_TV0_Volume’ received command DECREASE

2018-09-30 21:46:10.295 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LG_TV0_Volume changed from 11 to 10

2018-09-30 21:46:19.302 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LG_TV0_ChannelDummy’ received command 0

2018-09-30 21:46:19.326 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LG_TV0_ChannelNo’ received command DECREASE"
What could be the problem?