ConnectedCar Binding myAudi, Volkswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Enyaq, Seat, Ford, WeCharge

@markus7017, things got worse for the Skoda Enyaq. Now even the bridge is OFFLINE and so is the Enyaq thing and its channels. Do you plan to fix the binding some day? Much aprechiated! Cheers

@ulrichpa: had the same here for my ID3 - have you tried to disable and re-enable the bridge thing? For me it was working again!

I cannot get it to work for the Enyaq. But I switched to ioBroker for this, which works (at least currently) and sends data via MQTT into OH

Hi @parachutesj,

Can you give a short description how you implemented this via mqtt for the Enyaq? Many thanks!

Hi @DPL,

that didn’t help for the last couple of days, however, today the “disable/enable the bridge trick” worked again. Bridge and thing are ONLINE but still showing NULL on all channels… Thanks anyway

@ulrichpa didn’t want to be OT here and created a new thread

Hello everyone!

What a great community here… Sadly, this topic is quite long and I am not sure, if this has already been asked… So, sorry, if I‘m repetitive.

The binding with my ID.3 works great to read data from the car. To make use of the data, I would like to combine it with the data of my house’s solar panels. Is there a way (planned) to start and stop the charging of my ID.3 to use my solar power optimally? I haven‘t found any info ob that and the control channels don‘t respond / are read only.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello,

Charging on solar in indeed an interesting use case of such a binding a I think for the perspective a a binding itself we have all the components that are needed.
You see the battery percentage. And you also have control if you want the charge the car or not. but even more important it allows you to control the (max) charge current that the car is allowed to take.

To charge optimally on solar you also need to how much excess power you house has at a certain moment in time. If you have a smart meter you could do this with a home wizard device that is also supported by openhab:

Now you know how much excess power your house has and you control when and how fast to charge your car. So you can write your own rule on when and how fast you want to charge to best suit your situation.

Thank you for your answer. Maybe you did not understand me correctly. I already have all the data I need, including solar output and power usage by my house.

I need the ConnectedCar binding to set my ID.3 to start and stop charging. And as I know, there is no possibility to do that right now.

But maybe there is or maybe it is at least planned. That is what I‘m asking. :wink:

You can already enable and disable charging. And you can even change the charge speed.
So everything you need is available.

According to https://github.com/markus7017/myfiles/tree/master/connectedcar there should be a channel called control_charge. There is no channel with that name in my installation. Also not when I activate “Show Advanced”.

Also, when looking at the docs, this and also the maxcurrent values are read only. But I also tried to set the current to i.e. 5 Amps, but this has no effect.

The should indeed be a channel called “charge” that should be able to be switched. Maybe you should post a screenshot of your visible channels (including advanced)?

Do other control channels work for you? For example the channel “climater”

For me the “maxCurrent” is a selection dropdown in the newest version that also works.
(I have a VW Passat GTE)

I will check if the climater control works later, because my car isn‘t sufficiently charged right now. But if I remember correctly, then the „normal“ VW cars use a different part of the binding compared to the ID cars. So maybe that is the reason why those things are not there or not working.

If you scroll up a bit I see an ID4 with much more control channnels. So I think it should works but somethings is wrong on your setup.

Another new Enyaq here, and I was looking forward to setting up this binding almost as much as I was looking forward to getting the car. :wink: Sadly, I am running into the same issues as so many others: first I got the thing online, but got only NULL values. Now, more recently, the bridge doesn’t even go online any longer.

I’m getting this in the trace logs when I enable the bridge (after a lot of other stuff):

2022-02-11 11:21:48.636 [DEBUG] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - Skoda-E: HTTP 404 Response: 404 Not Found: Requested route ('identity.vwgroup.io') does not exist.
2022-02-11 11:21:48.637 [TRACE] [nectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] -   Headers: 
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:21:48 GMT
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 71
Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store
X-Cf-Routererror: unknown_route
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff

2022-02-11 11:21:48.637 [DEBUG] [dcar.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - Skoda-E: Initialization failed: API call failed
1 Like

hello,

I tried this binding with my VW E-Golf. I tried the carnet account and weconnect. both say:

00:43:09.288 [DEBUG] [nnectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - VW: HTTP POST https://identity.vwgroup.io
00:43:09.333 [DEBUG] [nnectedcar.internal.api.ApiHttpClient] - VW: HTTP 404 Response: 404 Not Found: Requested route ('identity.vwgroup.io') does not exist.
00:43:09.334 [DEBUG] [edcar.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - VW: Initialization failed: API call failed
00:43:09.334 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'connectedcar:volkswagen:2640fa560c' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): API call failed

Does this mean it doesn`t work with E-Golf? The we-connect app is working fine.

It seems that there is an issue again on VW side - I get the same error message. Usually, the eGolf works perfectly fine with this binding :slight_smile:

yes…the “API-Call failed” - Error is back again… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And this time it’s not just over the weekend. Apparently something changed?

last message I got from my eGolf was on 12.02.2022, 10:01.
Before, it worked perfectly since september last year, with one break and similar symptoms as now: the bridge suddenly went offline. But last time it didn’t stay offline that long!