Connecting HomeMatic sensors + CCU2 to openHAB

Hello all,

I’m new to openHAB and sorry if this question has been asked before. I’m trying to connect my HomeMatic devices (motion sensor, door sensor and light sensor) to an openHAB2 server. Currently, the devices are connected to a CCU2 and the CCU2 is connected to openHAB successfully. I also installed XML-API on the CCU2. However, no devices were showed in the Inbox, no results for searching and I couldn’t find any options to add the devices manually (only option for adding Homematic Bridge - which I did already). Could anyone please give me some advice on what to do?

Thank you!

The first thing you have to do is to configure the Homematic Bridge. Normally it is sufficient to set the IP Address of the CCU within Paper UI:

After that the add-on will immediately contact the CCU and detect the devices that are connected to the CCU. The devices will then appear in the Inbox.

If it does not work, please check the log file openhab.log. Sometimes it is necessary to restart openHAB after the bridge has been configured.

You can find more information here: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/homematic/readme.html

Here is a good step-by-step tutorial (in german): http://onesmarthome.de/smart-home-openhab-2-homematic-ccu2-installation/

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for helping me! I tried what you suggested and also followed the tutorial that you provided, but I got this communication error

I attached also the log file here.

2017-02-17 23:31:52.335 [INFO ] [ternal.communicator.client.RpcClient] - Interface 'WIRED' on gateway 'ccu2' not available, disabling support
2017-02-17 23:31:53.396 [INFO ] [ternal.communicator.client.RpcClient] - Interface 'CUXD' on gateway 'ccu2' not available, disabling support
2017-02-17 23:31:53.397 [INFO ] [ternal.communicator.HomematicGateway] - HmGatewayInfo[id=DEFAULT,type=Lan Interface,firmware=<null>,address=LEQ0985874,wired=false,hmip=true,cuxd=false]
2017-02-17 23:31:53.398 [INFO ] [ternal.communicator.HomematicGateway] - Used Homematic transfer modes: RF:XML_RPC, HMIP:XML_RPC
2017-02-17 23:32:23.419 [WARN ] [ternal.communicator.HomematicGateway] - 
java.io.IOException
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:101)[209:org.openhab.binding.homematic:2.0.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.RpcClient.release(RpcClient.java:88)[209:org.openhab.binding.homematic:2.0.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.AbstractHomematicGateway.stopServers(AbstractHomematicGateway.java:224)[209:org.openhab.binding.homematic:2.0.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.AbstractHomematicGateway.dispose(AbstractHomematicGateway.java:171)[209:org.openhab.binding.homematic:2.0.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler.dispose(HomematicBridgeHandler.java:119)[209:org.openhab.binding.homematic:2.0.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler.initialize(HomematicBridgeHandler.java:89)[209:org.openhab.binding.homematic:2.0.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler$2.run(HomematicBridgeHandler.java:102)[209:org.openhab.binding.homematic:2.0.0]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_65]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_65]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.get(FutureResponseListener.java:109)[69:org.eclipse.jetty.client:9.2.19.v20160908]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpRequest.send(HttpRequest.java:655)[69:org.eclipse.jetty.client:9.2.19.v20160908]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:88)[209:org.openhab.binding.homematic:2.0.0]
	... 13 more

Laptop running openHAB server and the ccu2 are wire-connected by a router. From the laptop (windows 10), I can access to the ccu2. Firewall is off.

Could you please help me to point out what is the problem?

I have a similar configuration and everything is running fine. According to the log output it seems that your Java version is rather outdated. So as a first step I would recommend to update Java to the latest Version.
Which firmware version are you using on the CCU? I can remember that there problems if the firmware is too old.
As a last step please recheck the IP address of the CCU. Is it the correct one?

If non of this helps, please enable the debug output as described here: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/homematic/readme.html#debugging-and-tracing

It works! Now the server detected the devices that are connected to the CCU2.
Thank you for all the tips and tutorials that you gave me.

All the best,
Giang

1 Like