Connecting Visual Studio Code to OpenHab: Connection to server is erroring. Shutting down server

Hi Everyone,

I am new to OpenHab and Visual Studio Code so need a little guidance to get everything setup correctly.

1. Pre-configured OpenHab image is installed on RaspberryPi4. It is working fine.
  2. Visual Studio Code is installed on my PC. It is working fine too.
  3. Installed “Samba” on RaspberryPI to help with Network Mapping on my PC. Worked fine.
  4. “New Folder” created to link the OpenHab Config folder. I can see the folder structure in Visual Studio Code.

Issue: I am always getting the error “Connection to server is erroring. Shutting down server.”.

Can someone please help resolving this? I tried everything but no success.

Thanks
Mustafa

Not sure what you mean here?

Have you tried using a different drive letter (create a new one) for the linking?

There is also a video that may help:

BTW, Welcome to the Community!

Hi, I’ve upgrade to openHAB 3.0.0 Build #2041 and lost my connection to VC.

Windows 2010
Java 11

I’ve not tried all the combination and still not working. Any help please.

{
“openhab.host”: “192.168.1.200”
}

Connection to server is erroring. Shutting down server.

Same problem. I am running PI4 openHAB 2.5.9 Release Build, and have access to the files via Easy Access on Zdive. I am running the demo program and see and can edit my config code and saved, but expected to see the changes reflected on the Main Menu when I opened I pressed the openHAB button on the top bar. Just got an empty window.

I have the following message on the bottom window under the tab “Output” - openHAB server:
Error - 1:58:49 PM] Connection to the server is erroring. Shutting down server.

Seems I am missing a visual studio configuration variable setting.

Thanks
JIm

Any progress here?

Did you already added some credentials and host infos to the plugin settings?

Edit the SETTINGS.JSON

{
    "openhab.connection.host": "YOUR HOST",
    "openhab.connection.authToken": "YOUR TOKEN",
    "openhab.connection.port": 8080
}

You can create a token in your profile page on openHAB.

1 Like