Contribution - LG Thinq [Air Conditioner/Heat Pump] [WIP]

Hi @nemer
My Openahb version is 4.1.2 , will this version of jar will work ?
I updated the jar now , The existing Thing is having below error

HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR
Handler factory not found

And when I try to add new thing , binding is not showing up.

Since the binding is not released yet, new features and issues are implemented in the current milestone.

I will check the effort to make compatible with 4.1.X but I have no idea right now. You can try to upgrade to 4.2-M3 (current one) it’s the version I’m currently running without problems.

Hi, Ok thanks for the quick reply. Let me see if I can upgrade to this version safely. I m currently using few more non released bindings. Have to check if those are also compatible with new version.

I m getting this error which looks to be version mis match

2024-06-05 21:28:04.688 [WARN ] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel] - /rest/things/lgthinq:bridge:ddee7f4084/enable
	at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQBridgeHandler.getServices(LGThinQBridgeHandler.java:355) ~[?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openhab.core.config.discovery.AbstractThingHandlerDiscoveryService cannot be found by org.openhab.binding.lgthinq_4.2.0.202406051522
	at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQBridgeHandler.getServices(LGThinQBridgeHandler.java:355) ~[?:?]

If you are using binding compiled with 4.1.0 version, it probably will not work in 4.2-M3 version. Some Binding Factories has been changed and the karaf version as well.

Amin, I created a new branch and rollback some commits made to upgrade the original branch to 4.2.X tree.
I don’t have OH 4.1.X anymore to test the new feature on it. But I compiled and put in my space to you give a try.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @nemer , thanks for the update. New version works fine. All options both for vertical and horizon fan directions works fine.

Thanks for all the support!

1 Like