Contribution - LG ThinQ Binding

Hi, @Master79. What do you mean with “change temperature in the future”? Is something like a scheduler ? If so, the binding doesn’t have support for it. I know the app has some cool features to turn on/off the device after some time, etc, but I don’t have plans to implement this in the biding because this kind os schedule/automation you have native in the OH.

About Heat Option, It must be available for you (for the AC devices that support this). Some people notice that first time you register the Thing, the options is not fully available. Only after a while and I think it’s because all the channel options is populated dynamically, only some options are default, because is common for all models. This dynamic population take some time (not so much) to be processed at first time, because depends on the fetch of this information from LG API. If you have Heat option in your AC, it will looks like this:

If you still have problems to see the Heat option, send here the *-cap.json file here to have a look in your device’s capabilities.
About swing position / energy safe & energy monitoring are in the roadmap ! I’m finishing the Fridge & Dishwasher support and after that, I will come back to the AC and implement these more “advanced” functions.

I will leaving news in this topic as soon as I release the chances.

Regards

Nemer.

HI @nemer, thank you very much for developing this awesome binding! Another cool options that will be great to see implemented is the “auto cleaning”. I have this function in my artcool AC so when it’s enabled and I turn off the AC it will continue to run the fan in order to dry the AC and avoid bacteria proliferation on the wet surfaces.

Thank you again for this binding.
Ciao
Simone

1 Like

Hi Nemer.
Sorry for the missunderstanding and thanks for yor quick answer. I meen no future action. I don’t know whre i can set the target temperature and thought it will be on your roadmap for the future.:blush:
Greetings Markus

Of course you can, @Master79 ! AC has the following writable channels:

• Target temperature
  • Operation mode
  • Fan Speed
  • Power
  • Cool Jet

The documentation for this binding is still under construction. But if you have some experience on OH, i think you won’t have difficults to control your AC
Another cool thing… There is a very nice widget developed by @hmerk to control AC. I did some adaptations to fit better to this binding. If you need it, let me now i can put here

1 Like

Great you like my widget @nemer.

If you can send me your improvements, I can try to implement them into the marketplace version.

Sounds good ! I put it here:
openhab-thinq-stuff/AirConditionedWidget.yaml at main · nemerdaud/openhab-thinq-stuff · GitHub.

I did some punctual changes:

1. New configuration property to set the sequence of Operation Modes (same as showed in the channel). The operation modes must be places comma separated and in the sequence:
    • Oracle - f7-icon “arrow_2_circlepath” normally for AI mode
    • Red - f7-icon “thermometer_sun” normally for Heat mode
    • Yellow - f7-icon “drop” normally for Dry mode
    • White - f7-icon “wind” normally for Fan mode
  2. Fix the bottom part to indicate the label of the mode, instead of the code number.
  3. Removed the Window icon in the top of the widget.

This changes was done because it fit better for me, of course. Feel free to accept/reject any change or make other changes. Maybe the addition of another property to list the sequence of the icons could be cool for the user choose the better representation of their modes.

Thanks, I will have a look at it……

Ive been getting errors in my logs after i implemented the recent update @nemer .
Looks like te update regarding the polling interval / lock issue is causing my logs to be flooded with errors like:

2022-05-20 11:13:59.153 [ERROR] [handler.LGThinQAirConditionerHandler] - Error updating thing ACMBR/d27b8ce0-7149-11d3-80ae-xxxxxxxxxx from LG API. Thing goes OFFLINE until next retry.

org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.errors.LGThinqApiException: Exhausted trying to get monitor data for the device:d27b8ce0-7149-11d3-80ae-xxxxxxxxxxx

at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.getSnapshotDeviceAdapter(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:369) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.updateThingStateFromLG(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:246) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

Device does go online after a short period (next retry?)

2022-05-20 11:14:49.232 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'lgthinq:401:af26aa09a9:d27b8ce0-7149-11d3-80ae-xxxxxxxx' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Exhausted trying to get monitor data for the device:d27b8ce0-7149-11d3-80ae-xxxxxxxxto ONLINE

This behavior is not a problem itself. For the V1, when you ask LG API to get a Monitor and receive it, you can start to get data from this monitor. But, some times, the monitor take time to start to receive data from the device (data come null) and this Info is presented after some retries. At the previous version, the Binding get the Monitor and lock it until expiration (1hr). During this time, the device continuously send monitor data to LG API, and we have a guarantee of a monitored data flow.
At this new version, for the Binding give chances to LG App get the monitor, it starts and stop the monitor each cycle (10 s). Then… the frequency of this info tends to increase. The problem, I see, is that the Thing could go OFFLINE frequently for an behavior that is not OFFLINE itself. I will think in a better approach for this handleling.

About the LG App… did you test it concurrently with OH to see if it’s working better right now ?

Tx.

I live in Greece and the goverment is ready to start a sponsor program for us to change the old AC’s with new technology ones.I want to get 2 LG Libero Plus S09EQ and 1 LG Libero Plus S18EQ for my home, and use this binding.They state that both support LG Smart ThinQ (Wi-Fi App.) .Is that ok?Is it something else that i need to control them through the LG ThinQ binding?

That’s enough (Smart ThinQ™ (Wi-Fi) Ready)

1 Like

Thanks for update! It is updating indoor tempurature now. Will do more testing.

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hi Nemer,

thanks for the update.
I’ve got this error by adding the refrigerator. The refrigerator was automatically discovered.

2022-05-27 18:56:54.895 [WARN ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type lgthinq:101.

thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-cap.json (21.3 KB)

@LukaNoah, can you try the newest uploaded jar in my git ? I fix some errors and I think you have a good chances to see 3 channels working:

• Fridge Temperature
  • Freezer Temperature
  • Temperature Unit

But before that, get rid of the thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-cap.json file stored in your userdata.
Other important thing: put the binding in DEBUG mode. I need the thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-datatrace.json to map the other channels. If you don’t know how to do it, there is some post above I explain in details

Regards,

Nemer

Just downloaded this binding and I have it reporting the status of my washer. Working well so far and next week I’m adding a Fridge.
Thanks for writing this, and it would be great if it could be extended to send start commands to the washer so I could start it when the cut price electricity kicks in. I use the washers built in delay timer now. but that relies on pressing start on the hour.

Commands for Washer & Dryer are on the way. As soon as they are ready I let you Know.

2 Likes

I have an LG Washtower being delivered in 10 days, and I’m looking forward to trying this out when it arrives. Thanks for your efforts!

1 Like

Hi Nemer,
thanks for the update. I could add the thing :smiley:

The two temperatures that are now displayed should still be converted.
Freezer 5 → -18°C
Fridge 3 → +5°C
I think that’s in the json from the device.

Here are the files.
thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-cap.json (21.3 KB)
thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-datatrace.json (1.7 KB)

1 Like

He has now found the fridge for me too. You can see the temperature in the pictures. It’s the same as with Luka. The second picture is from the Sidemap

1 Like

Great ! Thanks for the datatrace. Help me a lot to understand better the payload of this thing.
So… I could fix the translation problem.

Please, install the last version of the binding from my git account and let me know if it’s fixed right now. (@WARTO42_on_Twitch , this version will work for you as well.). By now, I’m going to map the other channels.

By the way, Is it possible to send commands to the refrigerator from the LG App ? If so, can you send me the commands available for this device ?

Regards.