This is an important thing that @Marty pointed. The LG API is a little bit boring. Different from LG WEBOS binding, that you connect direct to the device to grab information and control some functions, the LG API scheme consist in a kind of triangulation of communication:
- LG Device registry itself to LG API Server and keep alive the connection
- LG Server keeps information about connectivity and ask periodically for new status of the monitored properties, that depends on the kind o the device (e.g. temperature, wash cycle, target temperature, energy consumption, etc.)
- The Binding collects monitored and kept data from the LG API Server, just like the LG App do.
Summarizing, you will never connect direct to you device ! It’s not possible ! Because this, to you have this ecosystem properly working, I suggest to pay attention in some tips:
- The LG Devices must be near to the WiFi source, and having a good signal. To check this, close all the doors between your device and the wifi-router and test the strength of the signal (by the cellphone) in the device position. The signal must to be strong, because probably the antena from your phone is better then the LG Device
- Your internet must be up and running. If not, it wont collect new informations, and it will seams to be “freezed”
- The same about your OH server! It must be with good wifi signal coverage. If not, you wont collect new informations, and will seams to be “freezed”.
- If the binding seams to be not running, access the LG App (registered with the same account you filled in the Binding Configuration) and see if it will show you up some new agreements to accept. It’s happens frequently, at least for me. I think it could change by region/country.
- Consult the log of the OH to see if the LG Thinq Things report some error and if they are reporting the changes in the channels values. For this, your OH3 must be in debug mode. Another interest thing it to consult OH_USERDATA/thinq directory. There, the binding will put the datatraces, that is the files containing the snapshots data collected per device from LG API. If this files has been updated frequently (i.e, every 15 seconds at most), the collection of that is OK. You can visualize this file to see if the information (e.g. temperature) reported by the binding in the OH pages is the same as the file.