Contribution - LG ThinQ Binding

Hi all,

I’m trying to setup this with my wash machine but got this error:

"error" : {
    "request" : "/emp/v2.0/account/session/fel********@gmail.com",
    "code" : "MS.001.16",
    "message" : "Need Sign-In Unlock:7234:fel********@gmail.com:Y"
  }

I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong but can’t find what. Can anyone give me a hint?

I think, the first step is to try to access your account direct to the LG Account portal. Then check if everything is OK.
Secondly, try to access your device through LG API app in your mobile.
The biding doesn’t work/handle account issues, ie, your account must be clean to work properly. Thus, you have to check in LG Portal if you are facing some issue around this.

It worked at first, for me only using app was not enough. There was some license to accept.
Now, another error:

[ices.LGThinQAbstractApiClientService] - Error calling device list from LG Server API. The reason is:{"resultCode":"0110","result":""}

This was cause by duplicated email in LG database. I have configured manually my LG account and at some point registered the same email using Google Single Sign On.
LG detected this duplicated and send me an email to choose an account to keep.
Explaining this here so if someone goes through same problem can get quick a solution.

Now device is added and I’ll check what else I can do. My goal is use openhab to send Alexa notifications on start/end, etc.

Thanks a lot.

And here’s my files

thinq-7fd97e3e-dde5-167f-91a8-64cbe9b3f5d6-datatrace.json (3.2 KB)
thinq-7fd97e3e-dde5-167f-91a8-64cbe9b3f5d6-cap.json (92.6 KB)

Sorry, I’m not understanding. Are you have some problem or it was just account issues you solved ?
About this error:

This code is returned by LG API when the login failed (normally by incorrect account username and/or password). But, if so, you was unable to produce datatrace and cap files you provided. That’s the reason of my question.
Can you describe better your issue ?

Sorry not to be clear.
The error was cause by duplicated email on LG database, for some reason it allowed me to register the same email using Google SSO and manual registration.
After this was fixed at LG website I was able to detect and use my washer on Openhab.

Great ! Thanks for the explanation and for the files !

Enjoy !

Unfortunately the feature I’m looking for does not seems to exists.
My goal is to query Alexa how much time left on washer but it seems that Alexa API doesn’t have such feature.

But this is a great job and this binding is very maure for it’s stage.
Once again, thanks for your help.

You can write the remaining time to the alex text wo speak channel. So it should be possible that Alexa tells you the remaining time.

Yeah, I made a rule for that on washer state change and it worked.
But if anyone asks “how much time left on washer” Alexa cannot answer.

As far as I understand in Alexa docs on Openhab, for now, there’s no support for that. Also I haven’t found anything for that in Alexa API docs. Probably it will be on future API update.

You can try it with this tutorial. So you can fire a rule with a voice command and this rule will write the remaining time to the text to speak channel and Alexa will tell you it.
Unfortunately I was never able to set it up properly.

I would like to ask if there is anything new on this topic?

Not yet, mate. I’m working to send express cool/freeze (on/off) commands. I think next week I have news about this topic.

1 Like

I’ll try that soon. Thanks for this idea.

Hi. Can i use the latest jar file or have i use the kar file of beginning of the thread?
Greetings, markus

Put the jar file in the OH-ADDONS directory. It’s enough for now.

Hi Nemer,

inside *-cap.json referred to one of my AC i found this:

"SupportRACMode": {
      "_comment": "FuncSync_RAC모드",
      "type": "Enum",
      "option": {
        "0": "@NON",
        "1": "@AIRCLEAN",
        "2": "@ENERGYSAVING",
        "3": "@AUTODRY"
      }
    },

Those 3 functions are referred to the functionality that I was asking for. They can be all enabled together (or just one or two).

1 enables ion production
2 enables energy saving mode
3 enables autodry mode when the A/C is turned off

Is this enough for you or should I use debug mode and send you the trace file? (I have some difficulties in enabling debug mode because I recently moved my OH installation to a NAS [Docker] and I am still not very good at using Docker commands).

Thank you
Ciao
Simone

Can you send me the entire file, please ?

Of course. Here it is.

Regards
Simone

thinq-d27b8ce0-7149-11d3-80ae-0051ed6fa699-cap.json (78.4 KB)

Hello, i am sorry for my question but i am really a noob. I have three LG AC and I have installed Nemer Binding.3.3.0
I would like to use your widget on habpanel but i don’t know how import YAML file. Anyone can help me please?