Contribution - LG ThinQ Binding

Hi, @gabasr581 . What widget do you mean ? This one I posted before ?

Hi @nemer , thanks for your answer. Yes I mean it.
I am using Habpanel and I see that i can import only widget JSON. I don’t know which is the difference between JSON e YAML so I don’t understand if this widget can be converted and used also in HabPanel or only in the openhab server interface

This widget was done to work only on OpenHab UI. There are a couple of AC widgets for Habpanel, but I’ve never tryed some of them.

Hi, I’m looking to get a LG Therma V heat pump.
Would that also be supported by the binding ?
Any experiences with controlling LG heat pumps anyone ?

You can’t convert (at least, in a easy way) an UI Component into a Habpanel Widget. It’s because they work in a totally different approach.

Hi, @mstormi. If your device is an Thinq device, then I can develop the support of it in this bindding. However, seems like your device doesn´t support out-of-the-box wifi integration. Some AC’s are delivered in the same way: support Thinq, but not Wifi. If it is your case, you must first buy one Wifi Module to install with the Terma V heat pump, and after integrate with this binding (and LG App as well). Look at: LG Therma V Accessory Installation Guide_How to install the Wi-Fi modem and connect with ThinQ - YouTube

Hi @nemer, I have tried to initialize the binding but the Hungarian account cannot not available. Would you add it at next update?
I have an LG Washmachine with dryer function and an LG refrigerator.
THX.

See this post:

ok thank you!j have used different widget for habpanel…the binding works perfectly!!!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job, Nemer! Thank you, it works like a steam-machine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I have an air conditioner and the LG ThinQ installed in the phone and working. After install LG ThinQ GatewayBridge and set ES and es-ES as country and language I receive the next log:

Error login into account. The reason is:{
  "error" : {
    "request" : "/emp/v2.0/account/session/****@gmail.com",
    "code" : "MS.001.10",
    "message" : "Already in use by 3rd-Party Registeration:GGL"
  }
}

Never mind, I resolve the issue on the website. The bridge is online but now I have an error with the Air:

[handler.LGThinQAirConditionerHandler] - Error updating thing /7ae7a62d99 from LG API. Thing goes OFFLINE until next retry.
org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.errors.LGThinqApiException: Error starting device monitor in LG API for the device:7ae7a62d99
        at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.getSnapshotDeviceAdapter(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:352) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.updateThingStateFromLG(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:247) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not supported in V2 API.

Never mind again :smiley: Openhab discovered the air automatically and it is working!
Sorry for the spam.

1 Like

Hi @nemer
thinq-316f7dc9-e7df-1e5d-8f55-f8b95a45b62f-cap.json (88.2 KB)

Thanks for the great addition to openhab. I was looking for this ever since I got my LG washer/dryers.

I was able to install the addon using the jar file and one of the devices (dryer) showed up without any problems. But the washer is giving me issues. It can be discovered but when I try to add it as a thing, the UI shows this error:

HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR

Unexpected error. Course not present in capability schema

This is what I got in openhab.log

[ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing ‘lgthinq:201:097880895f:316f7dc9-e7df-1e5d-8f55-f8b95a45b62f’: Unexpected error. Course not present in capability schema
java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error. Course not present in capability schema
at java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:246) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.lgservices.model.CapabilityFactory.getWmCapabilities(CapabilityFactory.java:182) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.lgservices.model.CapabilityFactory.create(CapabilityFactory.java:61) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.lgservices.LGThinQAbstractApiClientService.getCapability(LGThinQAbstractApiClientService.java:251) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.getCapabilities(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:186) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQWasherHandler.updateChannelDynStateDescription(LGThinQWasherHandler.java:99) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.initializeThing(LGThinQAbstractDeviceHandler.java:201) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.handler.LGThinQWasherHandler.initialize(LGThinQWasherHandler.java:94) ~[?:?]
at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor46.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

I have attached the cap file for the washer that gets generated. Is this something that needs to get added to the binding as a new model? There was no datatrace file for the washer in that location.

Thanks!

Another thing that I noticed. Whenever I restart openhab, the dryer (the device that works) shows up as offline but if I disable and reenable the bridge, it starts working. Not sure if you have seen this before

Hummmm… yes… It’s a different model and properties. But, to be honest, I was not mapping the values from the cap file in the right way. For the Course property, the correct way is discovering the couse “node name” based on the model’s Config header definitions in the same file. I will do this and probably your model will work.

1 Like

I would like to ask if there is anything new on this topic?

Hello,

Are LG heat pumps supported?

Nope.
But, if u have once with ThinQ feature, I can add it !

Yes I have one.
What do I need to share?

What you must do, you can reed it at this post: Contribution - LG ThinQ Binding - #166 by Marty