Contribution - LG ThinQ Binding

You first need to manually add a bridge thing

Thanks for the reply. Any example, what i need to add in bridge?

Thanks !

Just add the bridge and enter your LG account details in the Bridge (thing) configuration.

You need to add:
Your LG account credentials (email / password)
The laguage (region) of the environment your account was created on.

1 Like

Thanks for reply. Sorry i m not able to find any option for bridge in things. I m using 3.x version of openhab.

I mean after add jar, there is nothing related to this binding where i can create bridge.

Any screenshot i can refer?

Go to settings:

• Select Things;
  • Press the Blue “plus” sign in the lower right corner;
  • Select the LG Thinq binding;

Under “Add Manualy”

• Select :
    “lgthinq:bridge
    LG ThinQ GatewayBridge
    Bridge
    A connection to a LGThinQ Gateway”

Once added, edit the (bridge) settings to match your LG thinq App credentials. If you don’t have the option to select the LG Thinq binding when adding new things, the binding isn’t installed properly. Check you logs when importing the .jar file.

Thanks for reply. Look like the binding is not installed properly. Let me check logs.

Thanks!

Hello,

With the washing machine, only “Rinsing + Spin” appears as a value in the “Washer downloaded course” channel. That never changes. But the “Washer state” channel shows “Washing, rinsing” or “Spinning”: great
My connection problems seem to have gone away. I deleted and re-added the washing machine in the ThinQ app. Since then it seems to be working.

How about the fridge?

I attach my two json files from the ThinQ folder.
Thanks so much.

cu
heiko
thinq-a2d3989b-7187-14b0-9360-4cbce934bfed-cap.json (91.8 KB)
thinq-aa39fce3-299d-11bd-8c0f-44cb8bd85baa-cap.json (21.3 KB)

Be patient, my friend :wink: ! I’m working on the Binding during this week. I’ started working with the compatibility with Dryer V1, then after, I will provide a prototype for the Fridge.

About your question:

With the washing machine, only “Rinsing + Spin” appears as a value in the “Washer downloaded course” channel

I don’t know really the difference between “Washer downloaded” and “Washer state”, 'case I don’t have this machine, but these values came from the LG API and changes based on the Course programmed for the machine. The Downloaded Courses, I guess, are those ones you download from the app, i.e., they are customized ones that is not pre-programmed in your Machine. If you choose a different one, it will ovewrite the previous one and use it in the Downloaded Course of the machine.

1 Like

Hi I m getting following error when i m addingjar in addon folder

2022-04-16 17:00:57.966 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.lgthinq-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.lgthinq [339]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation; version="[2.12.0,3.0.0)"
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

I m on openHab 3.0

AFAIK, there had been dependency updates, so it will not run on 3.0

thanks for the quick reply. Let me see to move to 3.2 . Hope nothing breaks :slight_smile:

Hi ,
After update I m able to see LG binding in things. Thanks all for help so far. I m not seeing my country in the list. How I can add India in the list.

Here are the details
countryCode":“IN”
region":“en-IN”

Is there any manual way to add?

Yes, @nemer describes it here

Thanks , configured the Bridge and it is able fetch the devices.
For AC thing when I try to set power on seeing this error in the log

2022-04-16 20:23:02.552 [ERROR] [nternal.LGThinqAirConditionerHandler] - Command OFF to the channel power not supported. Ignored.

And Following error too in the logs

2022-04-16 21:11:31.058 [ERROR] [nternal.LGThinqAirConditionerHandler] - Error updating thing /b4a58b39f5 from LG API. Thing goes OFFLINE until next retry.

org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.errors.LGThinqApiException: Error starting device monitor in LG API for the device:b4a58b39f5

at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.LGThinqAirConditionerHandler.getSnapshotDeviceAdapter(LGThinqAirConditionerHandler.java:248) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.LGThinqAirConditionerHandler.updateThingStateFromLG(LGThinqAirConditionerHandler.java:141) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not supported in V2 API.

at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.lgservices.LGThinqApiV2ClientServiceImpl.startMonitor(LGThinqApiV2ClientServiceImpl.java:187) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.lgthinq.internal.LGThinqAirConditionerHandler.getSnapshotDeviceAdapter(LGThinqAirConditionerHandler.java:238) ~[?:?]

... 7 more

Another thing observed, fan speed i can change. But state is not synced for any channel.

Power channel not working. Not sure what exactly is missing.

Hello,
I wanted to ask if there is anything new about this. I also have a LG fridge GSXv90BSDE I would like to integrate it into Openhab. I have already installed the binding. Now I just need to copy the json into the addons folder then it should also appear in Openhab, right?

No, the json will be created when the bridge discovers your fridge. It is located in the userdata folder….

OK. then the fridge doesn’t seem to work with the binding. Strangely I see a washing machine fan and dryer although I don’t have them.

Fridge support is still work in progress, please stay tuned.
Are you saying that there is a Dryer, Washer and Aircon thing put in your inbox?

Screenshot from 2022-04-19 20-10-02
That is what I see

Thats just the list of supported devices when you want to add a new thing.
Please add a bridge thing and configure it with your account details.
When the bridge goes online, it will discover the devices from your account and add them to the inbox.
This will not happen for the fridge, as it is not supported right now.