Controlling Air Conditioner (via a webserver)

Hi @CoolWombat

I’ve progressed none at all unfortunately.

I have a very general idea of what needs to be done, and I might be off-track anyway, but unfortunately that involves redirecting traffic on my router which is not possible until I upgrade it. So I’m kind of stuck at the moment

@Lukie Ok, I was hoping you have made some progress :slight_smile: I tried googling to hopefully find some info to get me started but didn’t find much.

@CoolWombat haha me too. Didn’t figure on my router dying and then having to use the crappy Optus-supplied one.

I am guessing my progress is going to be super slow. I am not a programmer or anything so will probably be a lot of trial and error.

My first planned step is to try and use wireshark to see what the webserver sends back to the Actron. Then the plan is to see if I can recreate this locally. I imagine I’ll lose a lot more hair between now and then.

Actually I was worried that by the time I figure it all out the Actron connect module will fail or something catastrophic :joy:

Hey Lucas,

can you please walk me through the process of integrating the action air conditioner, I have the same one and want to integrate this into home bridge on raspberry pi to control through apple home kit.

Thankyou!!!