core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller error after update

RPi will use standard buster lite iso. Then via apt-get install.
Why?

After installing the OS my preference is to install OpenHABian using the Linux installation instructions. It makes things easier, handling Java and other dependencies.

It is basically a bunch of shell scriprs.

Ok, I’ll give openHABian a try because I just did a plain vanilla install using the linux setup, with Zulu java, and:

2020-05-07 23:02:20.584 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-ui-restdocs, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-scale’: No such file or directory

When I last looked at the official Linux install instructions a few months ago they were not very straightforward to follow, but I did get them to work. I think you will fine openHABian easier.

Hi Bruce! Sorry it took longer because of other prior. Anyway, I succeeded. After searching the web some more, I found out that you can install the features manually via the console. I did that, one by one and it worked!
Didn’t do anything else. I started out hoping that, if I installed one manually, I could find something in some log. But when it worked, I did all the rest and it kept on working. My openHab install has been running now for 2 days without a hick!
Thank you for all your time!

Stay safe!

1 Like