Correct Syntax for adding light to items file

Hi. i got problems to add my lightbulbs correct to the item files

i tried the following:

Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Toggle	 "Wohnzimer Decke" <switch> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_Dimmer	"Wohnzimer Decke" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Color	eg_wz_li_decke_Color		"Wohnzimer Decke" <colorpicker> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_ColorTemp	"Wohnzimer Decke" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color_temperature" }
Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Effect		"Wohnzimer Decke" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:effect" }

result:
nur wohnzimmer decke

then i tried:

Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Toggle	 "Aus/an" <switch> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_Dimmer	"Helligkeit" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Color	eg_wz_li_decke_Color		"Farbe" <colorpicker> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_ColorTemp	"Farbtemp" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color_temperature" }
Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Effect		"Farbwechsel" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:effect" }

result:
richtige label

Special in this case: i got a second problem when i use more lights in other rooms… in Alexa appears now for every lightbulb the same name “lux light - an/aus - Farbwechsel etc.” impossible to switch them then…

last tried this:

Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Toggle	 "Wohnzimer Decke [Aus/An]"  <switch> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_Dimmer	"Wohnzimer Decke [Helligkeit]" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Color	eg_wz_li_decke_Color		"Wohnzimer Decke [Farbe]" <colorpicker> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_ColorTemp	"Wohnzimer Decke [Farbtemp]" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color_temperature" }
Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Effect		"Wohnzimer Decke [Farbwechsel]" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:effect" }

result:
komplett falsch

this one looks terrible and does also not work

and how to label the “Brightness” and “Saturation” ???

before i have started using items and thing i had used easy mode so it was possible to switch them on/off and dim them but no color change

no at all nothing works

how to setup them for work with Alexa including color change ?

Best Regards
Hannes

//Gruppen
Group:Color Wohnzimmer "Wohnzimmer" ["Lighting"]
Group:Dimmer Esstisch "Esstisch" (Wohnzimmer) ["Lighting"]
Group:Dimmer Esstischlampen "Esstischlampen" (Wohnzimmer) ["Lighting"]
Group:Dimmer EsstischTemp "Esstisch Farbtemperatur"
Group:Color Schlafzimmer "Schlafzimmer" ["Lighting"]
Group:Dimmer NachttischTemp "Nachttisch Farbtemperatur"
Group:Color Nachttisch "Nachttischlampen" ["Lightning"]
//Group:Color Nachttisch (Schlafzimmer) "test"

//hyperion
Color hyperionLivingLightAmbi_alt1 "TV Licht" (Wohnzimmer) ["Lighting"]
Color hyperionLivingLightAmbi_color "Hyperion" {channel="hyperion:serverNG:169858464:color"}
String hyperionLivingLightAmbi_effect "Hyperion Effekt" {channel="hyperion:serverNG:169858464:effect"}
Switch hyperionLivingLightAmbi_enabled "Hyperion Aktiviert"{channel="hyperion:serverNG:169858464:hyperionenabled"}
Switch hyperionLivingLightAmbi_clear "Hyperion Clear" {channel="hyperion:serverNG:169858464:clear"}
Switch hyperionLivingLightAmbi_clearall "Hyperion Clear All" {channel="hyperion:serverNG:169858464:clear_all"}
Switch hyperionLivingLightAmbi_grabber "Grabber Aktiviert" {channel="hyperion:serverNG:169858464:grabber"}

//// Hues

//Bedroom
Color hueBedSide_right "rechte Nachttischlampe" (Schlafzimmer, Nachttisch) ["Lighting"] {channel="hue:0210:001788705dd7:1:color"}
Color hueBedSide_left "linke Nachttischlampe" (Schlafzimmer, Nachttisch) ["Lighting"] {channel="hue:0210:001788705dd7:3:color"}
Dimmer hueBedSideTemp_right "Farbtemperatur rechte Nachttischlampe" (NachttischTemp) {channel="hue:0210:001788705dd7:1:color_temperature"}
Dimmer hueBedSideTemp_left "Farbtemperatur linke Nachttischlampe" (NachttischTemp) {channel="hue:0210:001788705dd7:3:color_temperature"}

//Living Room
Dimmer hueLivingLightTable_1 "hintere Esstischlampe" (Esstisch, Esstischlampen) ["Lighting"] {channel="hue:0220:001788705dd7:4:brightness"}
Dimmer hueLivingTempTable_1 "Farbtemperatur hintere Esstischlampe" (EsstischTemp) {channel="hue:0220:001788705dd7:4:color_temperature"}
Dimmer hueLivingLightTable_2 "vordere Esstischlampe" (Esstisch, Esstischlampen) ["Lighting"] {channel="hue:0220:001788705dd7:5:brightness"}
Dimmer hueLivingTempTable_2 "Farbtemperatur vordere Esstischlampe" (EsstischTemp) {channel="hue:0220:001788705dd7:5:color_temperature"}
Color hueLivingLightSpotlight "Stehlampe" (Wohnzimmer) ["Lighting"] {channel="hue:0210:001788705dd7:6:color"}
Dimmer hueLivingTempSpotlight "Farbtemperatur Stehlampe" {channel="hue:0210:001788705dd7:6:color_temperature"}

Thats how mine looks like. And it works fine for me (including Alexa). But I have trouble understanding, what exactly you are trying to achieve. So a specific problem statement would be highly appreciated :wink:

Hi Nicolas,

thank you or your quick response :wink:

could you also show me a snipped of your sitemap where you have embedded the lights?

Also please tell me what did you say to alexa to turn a bulb red, back to white or change the color temperature

And to answer you question…

I understand that you have trouble to understand me.

but ill try to keep it simple…

Open your browser with openhab and open PaperUI and Menu Control
now try to label the elements from english to german and shorten the names
also look at: wordwrap, lettersize and element floating
I think you will end like me…

but ill end in one conclusion… this label things are not made for the Paper UI / i think its not possible to label the elements in Paper UI…

Its made for showing up nice in the Sitemap

When i am wrong and all this could be make looking fine on Paper UI please tell me how :wink:

@hannes.dinges the PaperUI was never designed to be a user interface, it has severe shortcomings for that and is only supposed to be used for configuration. The BasicUI or HabPanel are the user interfaces.
Edit: you may need to be careful to use “[” in your item text, this is used for formatting instructions. I never tried, but maybe you have more luck with escaping the square brackets, try \[ and \]

@lipp_markus thank you for your comment and the hint about the “[ ]” Brackets
it looks like it does what i want in BasicUI

Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Toggle	 "Wohnzimer Decke [Aus/An]"  <switch> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_Dimmer	"Wohnzimer Decke [Helligkeit]" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Color	eg_wz_li_decke_Color		"Wohnzimer Decke [Farbe]" <colorpicker> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_ColorTemp	"Wohnzimer Decke [Farbtemp]" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color_temperature" }
Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Effect		"Wohnzimer Decke [Farbwechsel]" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:effect" }

show me this:

but its better to use this?

Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Toggle	 "Wohnimmer Decke Aus/An"  <switch> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_Dimmer	"Wohnzimer Decke Helligkeit" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Color	eg_wz_li_decke_Color		"Wohnzimer Decke Farbe" <colorpicker> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color" }
Dimmer	eg_wz_li_decke_ColorTemp	"Wohnzimer Decke Farbtemp" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:color_temperature" }
Switch	eg_wz_li_decke_Effect		"Wohnzimer Decke Farbwechsel" <light> (wz) ["Lighting"] { channel="hue:0210:1:lampe2:effect" }

Hi, I do not use the color temperature with alexa, but if I remember correctly the only option right now is to tell Alexa to “Set to 30%”. If I try to tell her to set a bulb to “warmwhite” it tells me that this bulb does not support this.

Switch eg_wz_li_decke_Toggle “Wohnimmer Decke Aus/An” (wz) [“Lighting”] { channel=“hue:0210:1:lampe2:color” }
Dimmer eg_wz_li_decke_Dimmer “Wohnzimer Decke Helligkeit” (wz) [“Lighting”] { channel=“hue:0210:1:lampe2:color” }

It is not really necessary to tag this one with “Lighting” since Alexa can send ON / OFF and brightness commands to the color item just fine.
In consequence you can name the color item something “easy” like just “Wohnzimmer” and Alexa should understand you better. I don’t know what Alexa does with the square brackets though, so you might have to ditch them on the color item.

I cannot really help you with the interface stuff, but advice you to use either the BasicUI or the HabPanel (thats what I use)

and BTW, when copying item definitions or rules etc. into the forum use those buttons:
That really helps with the readability :wink:

Sorry @hannes.dinges, I only use brackets when I am adding java formatting. I have no idea what they do when used the way you do, and as @Nicolas already mentioned, things are likely getting even more convoluted if you add an echo device to the mix.
With advance apologies for the unsolicited advice, what I always try to do is the following: start with the easiest case, add one functionality at the time, and check, and double-check that the functionality is still what I want and intent. After it works and I still have the nerve, I think about formatting and start the cycle over: one item or one change at a time.
Cumbersome…but I have spent way too much time trying to figure what went wrong where and when if I moved too fast, just because and especially when I thought I got it all …

how did you manage?

Is it possible to have all the commands for a signle Hue bulb all “together” in the CustomUI?