Couldn't transform value in label / MAP

Hallo!
I found several posts with a similar problem “but” they are solved. Nevertheless, in the stable version from today I have still the problem that …

The transformation function in item with “map” are not working with the following log entry:

22:33:56.309 [WARN ] [.core.transform.TransformationHelper] - Cannot get service reference for transformation service of type MAP
22:33:56.312 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - couldn’t transform value in label because transformationService of type ‘MAP’ is unavailable

The item file looks like:
Contact Smokedetector_Wohnzimmer_okay “Rauchmelder ist [MAP(smokedetector.map):%s]” (gModbus,gSmokedetector) {modbus=“smokedetector:0”}

And the smoke detector.map is like:
OPEN=off
CLOSED=on

Any solutions for me?

Thanks a lot!

Is the MAP transformation service installed?

Depending on which package you chose you may have to install it.

2 Likes

Hallo!
You are right, but simple installing is not possible:
21:45:17.212 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-transformation-map’: Error

… Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

There shouldn’t be a problem installing that or any other addon. How did you try to install it?

Try restarting OH and trying again.

… I already did it. I tried to install via PaperUI.

I get the same error message while OH starts.

1 Like

… please, see my other posting concerning the installation of add-ons…

@Sprocky Have you tried to install anything/everything via the addons.cfg file?

Hey!
If it is enough to add in addons.cfg the entry transformation = map then I did. I restarted OH2. The long messages are the same…

:frowning:

You have to add ALL of your addons to addons.cfg. If you just added map then all the rest of your addons will be uninstalled.

1 Like

… then this is not my preferred way … Let’s stay at the OH2 style :wink:
Does anybody have an idea? The raspberry has full access to the internet…

Thanks!

Using addons.cfg is OH2 style too.

Hallo!
After trying different this and also a reinstall from the zip-file without success I installed the package on my raspberry… And what a surprise … everything is working …

I can not figure out the problem but for now its done for me.

Thanks!