CPU 100% on raspberry 3B on openhabian

• Platform information:
    • Hardware:raspberry 3B
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_121”
    • openHAB version: 2.3 stable
  • Issue of the topic: by pass 1 week, openhab cause cpu 100+% on 1 core and cause openhab very slow response for 3 times, 1 time totally no response on console (port 8101)
    as other 3 core on raspberry only on CPU 2x-3x, so raspberry still fast response and able to perform system restart, first 2 times high cpu I only do soft reboot and before third time, I have a power off on raspberry for 10sec+ and issue happen about 1 hours after system start.

I don’t install any new binding or big changes on rules, only upgrade to 2.3 from 2.2, mostly openhab turn slow response after system startup about 30mins to 1 hour, below is last time when my openhab reach 100% CPU and I do a capture threat list, please kindly take a look and let me know what cause high CPU

P.S. due to topic text limit and lost text format, pls check by below link

The Zulu Java Runtime is recommended for RPi. There are known problems with running OH on OpenJDK. So I would look at moving to Zulu as a first step.

Hi Rich, good to see u again, thanks for quick response, I will change to Zulu in first step and see will this incident happen again

HI Rich, I just take a another look, is that mine java actually using Zulu?

[07:04:06] openhabian@OpenhabianPi:/usr/bin$ java -version
openjdk version “1.8.0_121”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu Embedded 8.20.0.42-linux-aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_121-b42)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu Embedded 8.20.0.42-linux-aarch32hf) (build 25.121-b42, mixed mode, Evaluation)

Yes it already is Zulu.

You have two paths you can follow. Upgrade to the snapshot (though I would wait a few days, there is a problem with the current snapshot) or use the Milestone 4 release and see if this problem persists in the more recent versions. The problem may be a bug that is already fixed.

Then you will want to start to systematically remove Rules, one at a time until the problem goes away or you have ended up removing all your Rules.

Then you will want to start to systematically removing bindings one at a time until the problem goes away or you have ended up removing all your bindings.

Sounds terrible, In this case, I will wait few more days, if this issue keep coming up then I will move to milestone 4.

Yes but a pretty old one. Consider upgrading that as well.

I will try upgrade Zulu during next system restart,