Crash after Error in arthome.ui.icon.internal.IconServlet

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel Core i7 4550u
    • Java Runtime Environment: Java 8 Update 151 (64bit)
    • openHAB version: 2.2.0 (Release Build)
  • Issue of the topic: OH stopped working completely (process finnished abruptly) without warning tonight at 22:25:57. The only indication can be found in openhab.log (last 4 entries) which shows an error with arthome.ui.icon.internal.IconServlet:
2018-01-10 22:25:12.276 [ERROR] [arthome.ui.icon.internal.IconServlet] - Failed sending the icon byte stream as a response: Nicht gend Systemressourcen, um den angeforderten Dienst auszufn
2018-01-10 22:25:12.277 [ERROR] [arthome.ui.icon.internal.IconServlet] - Failed sending the icon byte stream as a response: Nicht gend Systemressourcen, um den angeforderten Dienst auszufn
2018-01-10 22:25:19.829 [ERROR] [arthome.ui.icon.internal.IconServlet] - Failed sending the icon byte stream as a response: Nicht gend Systemressourcen, um den angeforderten Dienst auszufn
2018-01-10 22:25:19.833 [ERROR] [arthome.ui.icon.internal.IconServlet] - Failed sending the icon byte stream as a response: Nicht gend Systemressourcen, um den angeforderten Dienst auszufn

I am using OH2.2.0 since 29.12.2017 , the system was running fine for more than a week now.

Based on the error, sounds like the system needs a reboot.

Yes, that is what I already did. However I would like to find the cause and avoid it in the future.
The only thing I changed within in the last 10 days was indeed to add much more icons to my items and sitemaps files to fresh up the look of my UI. Now I am sceptical if the IconServlet has issues?

I’m experiencing this error too. It also impacts other processes apparently, such as graphing.

I recently added large SVG and PNG files. I’m assuming that is the cause of it, so I’ve scaled them down a bit and now it’s a waiting game. Graphing does seem to have improved already.