Crash with iOS App 2.3.11 on iOS13.3.1

Hi, I am using the latest testflight iOS app and it crashes when trying to change the operation mode of my innogy thermostat. Here is my item definition:

String      innogy_RST_01_State         "Betriebsmodus [MAP(innogy.map):%s]"

The map is simple

Manu=Manual
Auto=Automatic
undefined=-
uninitialized=-
NULL=-
-=-

In the sitemap the item is defined as switch. The rendering is the way I would expect it. If I change the item definition to switch I can not select the mode anymore.

Switch item=innogy_RST_01_State label="Betriebsart []"

I already shared my logs via test flight. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Try changing the sitemap from Switch to Selection.

Example from doc’s:

Selection item=LR_TV_Channel mappings=[0="off", 1="DasErste", 2="BBC One", 3="Cartoon Network"]

Switch Renders an Item as an ON/OFF or multi-button switch.

Selection Provides a dropdown or modal popup presenting values to choose from for an Item.

Thank you. This works and the app is not crashing. However, I like the usability of the switch more than the selector. See the screenhots (item Betriebsart) below…

versus

Is there a way to achieve this?

It shouldn’t crash. I’ve created an issue on GitHub, will look into it as soon as I have time…

1 Like

If you prefer the switch try adding a proxy item that uses a map file with ON=Manual and OFF=Automatic and see if that will work.

@smhex Bug should be fixed, will be included in the next TestFlight build.

2 Likes

Perfect. I will test and provide the Feedback then…

Works Perfect! Tested it today with build 2.3.14. No crash anymore and my original switch configuration looks and works as expected. No need to change anything on my side.

Thank you!

2 Likes

So, what did you do to solve the issue?

Give the credit where it’s deserved and changed the solution to @weakfl post.

For the advice, your welcome!

For doing the right thing, thank you!