Cron and system time / timezone problem

Hi there, I’m new to openhab so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.
I am running openhab on a Raspberry Pi 3 with the latest raspbian image.
I live in Germany and therefore set up my time zone using tzdata (according to the ubuntu wiki (https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Systemzeit/).
When I enter ‘date’ in the shell, the correct local time is displayed. The problem is now that the system thinks it is one hour earlier. For example, the shell output for ‘date’ is

Mo 2. Jan 22:47:29 CET 2017

which is the correct local time
But the logfiles of openhab (and syslog as well) show events for 21:47:00 for example instead of 22:47:00. So the system time is 1 hour behind the correct local time. I would not have any problem with this behavior, but the rules i wrote for openhab that are using cron time expressions run at the system time which is quite uncomfortable in the long run.

Has anyone an idea on how to fix that? Can i somehow configure my system time to be the same as the local time?

asking google returned methods with

sudo hwclock --systohc

but this gives me an error message:

hwclock: Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

Thanks in advance!

If I change the system timezone I have to restart my system (think only OpenHAB is enough, though) to let OpenHAB adapt do the changed timezone. Did you try this already?

Thank you very much! After reboot everything works fine now. All log files show the correct local time and my cron time rules work as expected!

I was struggeling with this for about 2 hours and god knows how much more time it would have taken…

Thanks again!

I do confirm that changing your system timezone does not directly impact on OH timezone. To set your system’s timezone you may want to use tzselect (if openhab is installed as a package within an armbian system, for instance). To propagate the timezone information to OH, it seems sufficient to restart OH service

systemctl restart openhab2.service