Cron Heating Rules

So, CalDav… Right now I’m going to use my Google Calendar because I need to tackle CalDav before I tackle OwnCloud :wink:

So, I’d implement something like your “Calculate the type of day” Rule based on my workdays/holidays. Relatively straightforward. With Google, there are holidays calendars one can subscribe to. They are read only. Could CalDav play a part with the Holidays Calendar to trigger setting the type of day?

I can create a separate “openHAB” calendar in my Google Calendar. I can add my HVAC schedule there using weekly repeating entries for each time window.

I am having a hard time understanding how to make use use of the binding(s). I can’t conceptualize the difference between these:

CalDAV Command
- Used to execute commands through an event, triggered at the start or the end of an event.

CalDAV Personal
- Used to detect presence through calendar events.
- Used to show upcoming/active events in openhab.

Mike

Most likely. I don’t know the full capabilities of the CalDAV binding, but I do know that you can trigger a Rule based on calendar events. So if you trigger the Rule with an event around midnight and the name of the entry is “Holiday” or the like then that could be used to drive the Rule.

I don’t have a whole lot of experience with the binding so I can’t say exactly how to do the above. I only know it is possible and the docs seem to support that assessment.

To drive your type of day Rule you would probably want to use the Command. I think the Personal binding is used to read your future calendar events to do stuff like put them on your sitemap and such. You don’t get an event when the scheduled time occurs, you get a list of all the scheduled events (potentially filtered).