Custom icons showing in BasicUI but not in openHAB android app

I got neither working yet, but seems you have been struggling a lot as well to get it right. I will just try a bit more. Thanks for showing this possibility :wink:

Hi Kees,

We are a bit getting off-topic here, so I suggest we continue in this thread if you have follow up questions.

Here is another code snippet from my side (that works):

postUpdate(GiraDCS_History_00, "Zijdeur - " + GiraDCS_Zijdeur.lastUpdate.toDateTime.toString("dd-MM-yy HH:mm"))
GiraDCS_History_00.label = GiraDCS_History_00.state.toString

Try something simple if that doesn’t work, such as:

myitem.label = "Blablabla"

Also, what OH version do you have? The label-update seems to be something rather new (I think OH 2.1 or above).

1 Like

Hello there,

Day 5 of using OpenHab 2 and finally got a sitemap and weather and Astro things working. I have added some .svg custom Icons to the /openhab2/icons/classic folder nd they are appearing on my UI on PC. However in the Android app they do not appear, while the other “buit-in” icons all display. I searched and found this thread from over a year ago reporting the same issues. Was the Android app interface app never udated? Or do I have to change then from .svg to .png and activate their use in the settings of Paper UI?

Thanx and regrds
Chris

Hi Chris,

It worked for me by changing the icons to .png.

Regards,

Hugo.

You can change the icon format in the android app settings to SVG.

Perfect thank you! I did not think to check the app settings as the standard icons were appearing. Selecting svg income in the app fixed the issue.

I found this threat after having similar issues.
But I solved it with saving for each icon a svg and a png version (identical filename)
Is working perfectly.