Custom Widget - Confirm Switch

Hi,

I am a newbie regarding openHab. I took me days to understand the principles of this amazing Platform. Although I finally succeeded in integrating my Philips Hue (Zigbee), Tahoma (Somfy), WebCam (Onvif) and Fibaro (Z-Wave) stuff in a first very simple sitemap, I am still not confortable with the advanced topics. But I am really exited and eager to learn as I have seen plenty of great HabPanel screenshots here and try now to do something similar for myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I was however missing a “button” asking me to confirm if I really want to Switch OFF my devices, such as my Synology (running openHab :D). Looking at samples found in this community, I assembled and fine-tuned the code here attached. Confirm Switch.widget.json (5.6 KB)

I have learned a lot by reading examples, but I would really appreciate if an expert could review my Custom Widget and advice to make it more robust and compliant with the state-of-the-art

My Custom Widget mimics a Switch. It must be configured with a “Name” and an “Icon” to be displayed on the Widget, and obviously with the item to be controlled. Next, one must configure if turning ON and/or OFF the item required a ‘confirmation’. If a ‘confirmation’ is required, then my Custom Widget will display a message like “Click if you really want to turn OFF/ON ‘the item’”.

Also, if a confirmation is required to change the current state of the item, then I display a Shield in the background of the Widget.

The icon used in the confirmation model popup can also be configured in the Custom Widget settings.

5 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.I have some switches which accidentally switch off the wine fridge :weary: This will be help!

Cool!

If you want to use the built-in Name setting, replace all config.title occurences by ngModel.name and then you can get rid of your title parameter :wink:

1 Like

Thx a lot Yannick. This is exactly something I was looking for!

V.