Custom widget: Current Weather

Hello again,

Um…
I’m almost done with the widget but I’m having trouble with “Preview Widget”,I’m not sure if someone has/had a similar problem, But would appreciate your Help

Nice work! Your widget works flawlessly :slight_smile: I had to figure out to install the map transformation service and then voila

Off topic but may I ask what software you use to record the screen gif?

Cheers,

Craig

Hey Craig, I use a great LICECap to record the screen gifs.
Best regards,
Kuba

1 Like

That’s a very useful utility Many thanks :slight_smile:

Hey Again, Um

Today I upgraded to Openhab 2.1 on Ubuntu and after I did the upgrade,the climacons stopped rendering

And When I check the openhab.log file there is no hint of the cimacons having an issue…Help please

have a look at this.

you need the latest version of the icons.

1 Like

Thank You

It’s back to Normal :smile:

Hi,
really nice widget, thanks!

I just have one little issue…
The animation of the icons is a bit whacky…
E.g. the “sunny” svg is rotating as a whole, so the center circle and the sun rays are rotating around the center. I guess that only the rays should rotate around the center circle…

I tried with different browsers (Safari, Firefox both latest on Mac and Safari iPhone) but it shows the same result…

Any hint how to fix that?
Thanks
Klaus

EDIT…
Looks like it just has to do with the svg icons that are used.
When I preview the icons with macSVG, the look good… opening the svg in Safari or Firefox make it spin around the wrong center…

Edit Edit…
Found the issue… not sure how to fix it though…
In the SVG files, the -webkit-transform-origin uses 50% 50%
Unfortunately, it looks like Safari and Firefox doesn’t correctly support this.
Changed it to 50px 50px absolute values and now it sort of works…
The scaling seems to be off a bit also…
Now I do not really know how to compile the jar file with the new svg icons…
Any help on this???

Does anyone know if there are any widgets which show the weather on an hourly basis rather than the next couple of days? I’d rather have a dashboard showing the weather now and over the next couple of hours by my front door.

Thanks!

You can try Meteoblue https://www.meteoblue.com/pl/pogoda/widget/setupthree/londyn_zjednoczone-królestwo-wielkiej-brytanii_2643743
You can generate widget as you like and put it into template widget.

1 Like

Hi @zacofunny,

thanks for sharing! Have you a sample json for widget or is the default iframe widget the best solution?

Hi,
As im new to this material of openhab and habpanel, i have a little trouble of getting it done for my location in Germany.
As for now, im using the weather binding on openHAB 2.2.0~20171211135820-1 (Build #1130).
Files Look like this:

And with this, the Panel looks like this:

As u can see: I already put the icons.jar in the right folder, but the translation doesnt work and i think its not the right temperature.

Do you have any hints for me to get this done?

Best regards,
Chris

Hi.

I create the widget in the HABPanel and the temperature is correctly displayed. But I have some issues with the icons.

Can anyone tell me the correct path for the icons-file in openhab 2.2

I run a RaspberryPi 2 with openhabianpi.

Many thanks in advance.

I jumped to OH2.2 and I need the also the right path to the Icons.

Thanks

Installing the icons from above links works and leads to a working widget, but this I find in the logs:

017-12-21 09:02:20.492 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.iconset.climacons    ] - [org.openhab.ui.iconset.climacons(232)] unbind method [removeTranslationProvider] not found; Component will fail
2017-12-21 09:02:20.497 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.iconset.climacons    ] - [org.openhab.ui.iconset.climacons(232)] unbind method [removeTranslationProvider] not found

OK, I drop the icons.jar in

/usr/share/openhab2/addons

and now the weather icon is showed.

But now my location name is not displayed. What can I do?

1 Like

Hi

I´m having problems with the display of the temperatures. I get a strange A-character directly efter the temperature. Should be 3 degrees Celsius. I´m using Weather underground binding and the temperature in the Paper UI control panel displays 3.0 degrees.

weather

Solved it, found the A-character in the code, before the degree-character. Deleted it and it´s gone!
Strange why it was there from the beginning?

Where do the .map files go?

In the transform folder: https://docs.openhab.org/addons/transformations/map/readme.html

1 Like