Custom widget: Direction buttons

I have made a lot of progress on this. So far, I’ve basically coded the css to make a pretty remote. I need to amend the widget, since I want to simply have a single item that receives a different command for each button (thus enabling easy migration to use the widget in different rooms)

This is as far as I have gotten (only the blue buttons are part of the widget)

My intention is to target all buttons at a dummy object, then adapt the action based on the input source of my av receiver (I already have this working with basic buttons)

4 Likes

This looks amazing

When I’m finished, I’ll post it up as a new widget.
The input selection at the top and the icons at the bottom are both separate from the remote / direction arrows portion(and are not really widgets, just templates)

Updated widget attached (untested though)

Feel free to feed back.
Added color and opacity adjustment.
Feel free to update and edit and repost

EntertainmentControl.widget.json (17.1 KB)

Please note - I take no real credit here. All credit to the guys who created the original widget, then the subsequent improvements

1 Like

Thanks for that but it does not scale very well on my smartphone :frowning:
It exceeds the screen size and does not fit the container.

It’s down to the way the original code was written, you need to scale down the height of your plugin for some reason.

This is my layout in the designer… and my resulting view

I have added some other bits in my local copy too, since I recycle the widget for various rooms etc. It’s nicely responsive and has replaced all physical remotes at home

1 Like

Hi, could someone plz point me how to make some buttons up/down and stop for a rollershutter and a danfoss thermostat up/down.
Thanks

Hi! I’m trying to do similar solution for my living room. How the Nav header works? Could you share it and the recent version of your widget?