Daikin Airbase Binding

@Paul_Smedley, I’ve got my implementation of airside / auto levels working now. I will wait until your PR is accepted, then I’ll merge your changes and do another PR for the Airside code. How long does it normally take for a PR to be accepted?

Hi Jim,

I’ll try and test f_airside tonight - I assume it will fail - which is OK. I still wonder if there is a way to ‘build’ the options for fan mode based on the capability of the AC unit - so that we wouldn’t show airside unless en_airside was set to 1 - but that’s a nice to have. Using an items file, people can choose not to show the Airside option anyway.

In terms of my last PR - I suspect the delay is due to them trying to release 2.5 ASAP - so I suspect that as my PR is an improvement, not a fix, it will need to wait until 2.5 is released.

Cheers,

Paul.

That indeed would be nice, but afaik, the list of options is static, and defined in thing-types.xml ?

The other approach would be to have “Airside” as a separate On/Off channel. I wouldn’t mind this, as I think I can just tweak my items / rules / sitemap to show a unified fan speed setting that would include Airside. What do you think?

The Airbase Fan speed would still need to change: - There is no “AUTO” setting - does yours have it? Instead, mine has Auto level 1, auto level 2, and auto level 3 in addition to non-auto level 1-3.

Yep - best I can tell, that’s the case.

Does Airside on still show a fan speed? or does this disappear then? What does the Daikin app do when you press fan? toggle Airside/Low/Medium/High/Auto Low/Auto medium/Auto High ?

Agree - mine is as you describe above - I think this comes down to me mis-understanding how things worked with the Airbase vs the Euro Daikin controllers.

Cheers,

Paul

When it’s “Airside” the wall controller just says “Auto” with zero “bars” for the fan speed, only the fan logo shows up. As I press the “Fan” button on the wall, it will cycle through this “Auto with no bars”/Low/Medium/High/Auto Low/Auto Med/Auto High

The app on the phone does the same, except instead of “Auto” it actually says “Airside”.

This is why I implemented Airside into fanspeed instead of a separate channel. However I do see your point about those without Airside support. My implementation would simply switch the fan to Low / level1 when Airside is not supported, if the controller is fine with it, otherwise, it probably just doesn’t change the fan setting- I’d like to know exactly which will happen but it needs you to test it on your system. To test it:

• Set your fan to medium or high
    send set_control_info with …,f_airside=1,f_rate=1… and see whether your fan setting changes to low or remain unchanged.

Either way I think it’s an acceptable behaviour, and those who don’t support Airside can just omit it in their sitemap.

I don’t know enough about this stuff to have any idea if this might be relevant -

1 Like

That appears to be the ticket! One question, as a binding user, where can I find the list of state options other than from the documentation? Answer: PaperUI

@Paul_Smedley, what do you think about splitting the ac_unit and airbase_ac_unit into two separate classes, perhaps create an airbase handler which derives from the acunithandler? I know it will be quite a big job but it would also reduce some duplications in the code and it should make things cleaner. I’ll be happy to take on this task. Something to think about, not for the immediate future. Right now I’ll just add my fan code onto the existing structure.

1 Like

I asked Kai on Twitter, he suggested “Sure, should work out of the box when using a ChannelOptionProvider in the binding. Best if you ask in the forum for help: https://t.co/tfJPSaXzm0

https://www.openhab.org/docs/developer/bindings/thing-xml.html has more details on this - this is cool :slight_smile:

Sounds good, but this is way beyond my knowledge of java

If you guys need any output from the airbase units on a multizone unit with the multi speeds (i too have auto with 3 difference speeds, plus auto and the 3 manual speeds) i’m happy to give you what debug you may need. Just sing out! love this binding.

1 Like

Hi @dastrix80, it sounds like you have the controller that supports “airside” (auto) like mine. I’ve added this fan mode on my forked version, which I will submit soon. If you’d like to try it out I can post a 2.5 jar somewhere for you in the mean time.

Could you please paste the output of:

http://192.168.1.xx/skyfi/common/basic_info
http://192.168.1.xx/skyfi/aircon/get_model_info
http://192.168.1.xx/skyfi/aircon/get_zone_setting
http://192.168.1.xx/skyfi/aircon/get_sensor_info
http://192.168.1.xx/skyfi/aircon/get_control_info

Thanks!

1 Like

Sure Jim, Ill do that this afternoon. I’m in no rush , happy to wait.

To be honest, having it on low is more than enough for me right now!

Hi Jim

See below:

ret=OK,type=aircon,reg=au,dst=1,ver=1_1_3,rev=17,pow=1,err=0,location=0,name=%44%61%69%6b%69%6e%41%50%36%35%32%37%39,icon=0,method=home only,port=30050,id=,pw=,lpw_flag=0,adp_kind=3,led=1,en_setzone=1,mac=D0C5D39D01A1,adp_mode=run,ssid=DaikinAP65279,err_type=0,err_code=0,en_ch=1
ret=OK,err=0,model=NOTSUPPORT,type=N,humd=0,s_humd=7,en_zone=8,en_filter_sign=1,acled=1,land=0,elec=0,temp=1,m_dtct=0,ac_dst=au,dmnd=0,en_temp_setting=1,en_frate=1,en_fdir=0,en_rtemp_a=0,en_spmode=0,en_ipw_sep=0,en_scdltmr=0,en_mompow=0,en_patrol=0,en_airside=0,en_quick_timer=1,en_auto=1,en_dry=1,en_common_zone=1,cool_l=16,cool_h=32,heat_l=16,heat_h=32,frate_steps=3,en_frate_auto=1
ret=OK,zone_name=%46%72%6f%6e%74%20%52%6f%6f%6d%3b%53%74%75%64%79%3b%42%65%64%72%6f%6f%6d%3b%4c%69%76%69%6e%67%3b%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%5a%6f%6e%65%35%3b%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%5a%6f%6e%65%36%3b%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%5a%6f%6e%65%37%3b%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%5a%6f%6e%65%38,zone_onoff=0%3b1%3b0%3b1%3b0%3b0%3b0%3b0
ret=OK,err=0,htemp=23,otemp=-
ret=OK,pow=1,mode=2,stemp=24,dt1=21,dt2=24,dt3=21,f_rate=1,dfr0=1,dfr1=1,dfr2=1,dfr3=1,f_airside=0,airside0=0,airside1=0,airside2=0,airside3=0,f_auto=0,auto0=0,auto1=0,auto2=0,auto3=0,f_dir=0,dfd0=0,dfd1=0,dfd2=0,dfd3=0,dfd7=0,filter_sign_info=0,cent=0,en_cent=0,remo=2

Thanks! Interesting that your get_model_info says en_airside=0. What fan settings does your phone app allow you to set? Does it include “Airside”?

Could you please set your ac fan to just “Auto” (not auto low/med/high), and then send me another output from http://192.168.1.xx/skyfi/aircon/get_control_info

Interesting… I see more possible config options now:
frate_steps=3 - ie 3 fan speeds - possible to support mode?
en_frate_auto=1 - I wonder if this is the auto-level1, auto-level2, auto-level3 stuff?
en_auto=1 - ‘Auto’ mode supported y/n
en_airside=0 - is airside support y/n

My model string is:

ret=OK,err=0,model=NOTSUPPORT,type=N,humd=0,s_humd=7,en_zone=5,en_filter_sign=1,acled=1,land=0,elec=0,temp=1,m_dtct=0,ac_dst=au,dmnd=0,en_temp_setting=1,en_frate=1,en_fdir=0,en_rtemp_a=0,en_spmode=0,en_ipw_sep=0,en_scdltmr=0,en_mompow=0,en_patrol=0,en_airside=0,en_quick_timer=1,en_auto=1,en_dry=1,en_common_zone=1,cool_l=16,cool_h=32,heat_l=16,heat_h=32,frate_steps=3,en_frate_auto=1

So… Paul’s opinion…

For fan modes, we should be checking model info to check what is supported by the unit, and dynamically building the available states, and only showing the ones that are supported. It would be great to get some more data from other systems - I’ll post a request on whirlpool too. Once we see some other options in model info, we can ask more questions about what shows in the airbase app to understand what the options really mean and test our theories.

I’ll be pretty time poor for the next couple of weeks, but on the positive side, will have data on another daikin system hopefully by the 16th when I install my airbase at our holiday house :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Paul

On COOL, I only get Auto, 1 bar actually

ret=OK,pow=1,mode=2,stemp=24,dt1=21,dt2=24,dt3=24,f_rate=1,dfr0=1,dfr1=1,dfr2=1,dfr3=1,f_airside=0,airside0=0,airside1=0,airside2=0,airside3=0,f_auto=1,auto0=0,auto1=0,auto2=1,auto3=1,f_dir=0,dfd0=0,dfd1=0,dfd2=0,dfd3=0,dfd7=0,filter_sign_info=0,cent=0,en_cent=0,remo=2

Yep I’m working on this.

It seems that your model doesn’t support airside either.

1 Like

I noticed a quirk and I think its the lack of refresh. if the temp is 24, and you ask Alexa to set the temp to 23 by linking the V3 Alexa skill to the Temp channel, it says Air temperature is set to 24.

Presumably this is because it sets it to 23 and immediately back to 24. Despite the Daikin app showing it correctly.