Daikin Airbase Binding

Hi Justin, I have made two changes. One of them did the trick. I changed the refresh from every second to every 30 seconds and I moved the airbase unit to a better spot to increase the wifi signal. It now works without freezing and needing resets.
Cheers

Hi James, yes that link is correct. I just refreshed it with the latest I’m running, which also matches the latest code in the Openhab git repository.

Cheers

Paul.

Hi Paul, thanks for your work on this. I have installed the binding and I am successfully changing the mode, setpoint, & fan speed.

Even though the airbase app and the remote control only allow me to cool to 16C, it seems that by using your binding, the system accepts lower values than this, and a quick test seemed to indicate that it will actively cool to below 16C. Have you had any experience in this? Is it possible to do any damage by putting this value too low?

Thank you very much

Hi Tom,

That sounds like a bug :slight_smile: the binding shouldn’t allow parameters to be set outside of the limits in the controller/app - however - I don’t see how it can do any harm to anything other than your power bill :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Paul.

Ha :slight_smile:
Thanks Paul

Hi Paul, what thermometer do use use for the rooms? Just curious because I seem to have a bit of reliability issues with xiaomi aqara (zigbee).

Do you have a ducted Daikin AC? Do you like it? I’m thinking of replacing my old ducted ac and currently in the brand selection process - located in Australia. Ta.

Hi Jim,

We only have the one thermostat which is located on the zone controller. Ours is a ducted Daikin AC with 5 zones. It works fine - we had no choice in brand as it was in the house when we moved in. The addition of the Airbase significantly improved our satisfaction with it :wink:

Cheers,

Paul

I was thinking of having a separate thermometer and possibly a “presence sensor” in each zone / room, and control their temperature by opening / closing the zones - orchestrated by openhab.

Something like that should definitely be possible, you’ll need to craft some openhab rules.

I do some things like check if the Lounge TV is turned on, then open the zone that corresponds with the Lounge Room.

I had thought of using temperature sensors, but there’s only two of us in the house, so it seemed like overkill :slight_smile:

Hello,

I try to move from the opendaikin binding to the daikin one.
Their are two missing channels in the daikin binding for Daikin AC Unit (not airbase) : Fan and Fan Swing.
Those ones are in the opendaikin binding and are OK.

Could you port Fan and Fan Swing ?

Regards

Romain

Hi @Romain - IIRC those are tagged as ‘Advanced’ for some reason - the code should be there already.

Looking at https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/blob/master/bundles/org.openhab.binding.daikin/src/main/resources/ESH-INF/thing/thing-types.xml

&

I’m not sure how you tell the binding that you want the advanced features. I can look at removing the advanced=true - but I’m uncertain as to why Tim thought doing that was a good idea?

Cheers,

Paul

Hello @Paul_Smedley,

Thanks for your interest ! I think that removing “advanced=true” would not be a big issue as the two channels are available by default with the Eclipse Smarthome opendaikin binding.

Cheers,

Romain

Hi @Romain - I’ll try get to this over the weekend

@Romain try http://smedley.id.au/tmp/org.openhab.binding.daikin-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Hi @Paul_Smedley,

Everything is all right, I just tested with my two devices : Fan and FanSwing are working as expected with your new bundle.

For me, it’s OK to push that to the official repo. Let me informed when it’s done and I’ll double-check with the official binding for you if you want.

Regards,

Romain

Thanks for testing. I’ll create a PR tomorrow to push to the official repo.

Cheers,

Paul

I’m happy to report that the Daikin Binding works well with Daikin Airbase. Thanks very much for your work, @Paul_Smedley!

Hi @JimT just confirming - are you using the link I posted here, or the build from one of the recent Milestones?

Hi @Paul_Smedley,

I’ve installed the binding from the 2.5.0 M5 milestone, Fan and Fan swing channels are OK.

Thanks for all !

@Paul_Smedley I’m using the binding from 2.5M5. I noticed one quirk: when I set the Fan to Auto, the item state reverted to “Level 1”. How can I tell whether the fan speed is set to Auto or manually set to fixed Level 1? I’m using the airbase with 8 zones.