Daikin Airbase Binding

The thing status would be something other than ONLINE, which indicates that it’s having trouble communicating with the airbase controller. You can reboot the airbase controller without rebooting your entire AC system. Just press the two buttons on the airbase controller for several seconds until the two LEDs are blinking. Then release. Do not press any buttons after that, otherwise it will factory reset and you’ll lose your wifi settings.

thanks Jim, is there a rule recipe that I can use to notify when thing is Offline?

Hi Gents, does the daikin binding supporting turning it on via the mode? ie using alexa to set the unit to heat, to turn it on, if its off?

@dastrix80 I added a ‘homekit’ mode - I think it made it into the 2.5.4 release. You probably need to delete your current ‘thing’ and re-add it in order to see it. The homekit mode gives you off, heat, cool, auto and changes the airbase power/mode as appropriate.

Hi Paul, which requires 2.5 OH?

Im using 2.4

281 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201911100837     x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Daikin Binding

@dastrix80 You could create a virtual item and handle it with a rule. I think I posted an example of the rule I used in the past.

@mtrax sorry I didn’t get a notification on your question (tag me in the future).

You can use Thing based trigger:

when
   Thing daikin:airbase_ac_unit:XXXXX changed from ONLINE

Having said that, why does your airbase controller need rebooting regularly? Mine works quite reliably. Perhaps weak wifi signal?

HI Jim

I searched the thread, couldnt find such rule. Only one about Google?

Google Assistant, Homekit and Alexa all treat thermostats the same/similar way…

My ‘thing’ for the 2.5 binding is called homekit, but I use it with google…

@dastrix80 Daikin Airbase Binding

Thanks Jim.

Im confused, I don’t use HomeKit or Google. So not sure how this rule applies?

@dastrix80, it’s just an example of how you can use a virtual item to do what you want, for example, in that “Aircon_Mode_Google” (you can of course call it anything you like), you can set that item state to “off” to turn it off, and when it’s off, set it to “heat” and it will turn on and change to heat mode. I don’t have Alexa so I don’t know exactly how that works.

1 Like

OK, bit past my skill level. Hopefully someone who uses Alexa can chime in to provide a solution.

Thanks Jim, got it working using this. For anyone using Alexa, this is how it works for me now.

Utterance, Alexa, set the air to heat (it turns to heat and switches on)
Alexa, set the air to off (it turns off), Alexa, set the air to cool (it changes to cold)

Just need to work out how to adjust the fan speeds

String DaikinACUnit_Mode   "Mode" (Group_HabPanel_Dashboard,Daikin_Thermostat) { channel="daikin:airbase_ac_unit:ducted_ac:mode", alexa="ThermostatController.thermostatMode" [HEAT="HEAT",COOL="COLD",AUTO="AUTO",OFF="OFF"] }
String Aircon_Mode_Alexa   "Mode" (Daikin_Thermostat)                          

rule "Update Aircon Mode"
when
    Item DaikinACUnit_Mode changed
    or 
    Item DaikinACUnit_Power changed
then
    if (DaikinACUnit_Power.state == OFF) {
        Aircon_Mode_Alexa.sendCommand("off")
        return
    }
    switch (DaikinACUnit_Mode.toString) {
        case "COLD": Aircon_Mode_Alexa.sendCommand("cool")

case "HEAT": Aircon_Mode_Alexa.sendCommand("heat")

case "AUTO",
        case "FAN",
        case "DEHUMIDIFIER": Aircon_Mode_Alexa.sendCommand("on")
    }
end

rule "Received changes from Alexa mode"
when
    Item Aircon_Mode_Alexa received update
then
    var command = ""

switch (Aircon_Mode_Alexa.state.toString) {
        case "off": DaikinACUnit_Power.sendCommand(OFF)

case "on": DaikinACUnit_Power.sendCommand(ON)

case "cool": command = "COLD"

case "heat": command = "HEAT"
    }

if (command != "") {
        if (DaikinACUnit_Power.state != ON) {
            DaikinACUnit_Power.sendCommand(ON)
        }
        DaikinACUnit_Mode.sendCommand(command)
    }
end

Change that to:

if (command != "off") {
        if (DaikinACUnit_Power.state != ON) {
            DaikinACUnit_Power.sendCommand(ON)
        }
        DaikinACUnit_Mode.sendCommand(command)
    }

I did this using a “Light” item. In Google Assistant world, you can set light dimmer from 0-100%, so I use that and just make it so e.g. 0-30% = low, 31-70% = medium, 71%-100 = high.

1 Like

thanks Jim but when I try

rule "Daikin Offline"
when
   Thing airbase_ac_unit:DaikinAP12345 changed from ONLINE
then
  logInfo("daikin","Daikin AC offline")
end

I get errors:

Configuration model 'daikin.rules' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [36,4]: no viable alternative at input 'daikin'

Where’s this at input 'daikin' ? There seem to be some syntax error

The thing name should be daikin:airbase_ac_unit:DaikinAP12345 - you seem to be missing the ‘daikin’ part?

Thanks Jim , got the fan speed working nicely actually without a dimmer item :slight_smile:

Pretty sure ive only got AUTO, LEVEL_1, LEVEL_2 and LEVEL_3 (low, medium, high)

sorry I did remove the daikin: after I got there error thinking it wasn’t needed , ie but I sill got the a similar error.

On the 2.5 binding, I’ve changed it so LEVEL_1 = low, LEVEL_3 = medium, LEVEL_5 = high. You can still use LEVEL_2 and LEVEL_4 as in-between levels.

1 Like