Daikin binding fan error

The PR was merged. However, I noticed on my system when I’ve set the fan to AUTO, I was unable to change the fan setting to anything else using the wall controller. It would change briefly, and reverted back to “Auto” (shown as a low fan level on the wall display). The only way to get out of this and return to normal is by changing the fan mode through OpenHAB to something other than AUTO.

I haven’t yet tried to observe whether the “AUTO” fan setting actually ramps up/down the fan automatically. So far it appears that all it does is set the fan to low (perhaps at a lower level than LEVEL_1?).

@joedirt have you noticed your aircon fan to ramp up/down when it’s set to AUTO?

Yup mine is ramping up fine and even seems improved upon setting the wall controller to auto. in the service mode for the wall controller you can see the current fan speed. High = H, medium = M, low = L and it also seems to have more granular control as if the fan speed is in between the h-m-l it shows as “- -“ when I set the wall controller to auto it just goes between h-m-l but if I set it to auto in openHAB it appears to have 5-6 different Fan rps’s
EDIT not sure why the photo has been rotated?

Would you mind telling me how to get into the service mode? I have a multi zone controller, so it’s different to yours but I’m hoping it has a similar service mode and a similar method of accessing it. It would be very handy to tell the fan speed indeed.

While the controller is active, the backlight is on. press and hold the bottom right / button back button down for 5 seconds and the advanced menu will pop up then press and hold again for 5 seconds the service menu will then pop up. the only safe things to get into is the outdoor status and the indoor status.

Thanks. On the zone controller remote, it’s the “Test/Exit” button. hold for 5 seconds, it goes into the “Local Set.” mode and hold 5 secs more it says “service”. But then it’s just showing three numbers, unclear what they are. The display on my remote is a “fixed display” i.e. predetermined numbers and labels. Yours seem to have a full LCD pixels that can display anything.

So I’m one step closer but not quite there. Thanks for the hint though.