Daikin Binding in OH3 - Local control without internet?

I would like to get an AC installed. I received a quote for a Daikin FTXM 50 R which has a build-in WiFi controller. The Daikin Binding says that a “BRP069B41, BRP072A42, BRP072C42 or BRP15B61” wifi unit is required, however the new Daikin ACs have a built-in wifi unit, so I don’t really know if the mentioned device is compatible or not.

Does someone have a newer Daikin AC with built in wifi (like the one mentioned above) and can tell me if it is fully controllable through OpenHAB purely locally? I know that they have an App with a cloud solution but I’m definitely not going for that. It’s a rather expensive decision, so I must be absolutely sure not to purchase an incompatible product.

I’m using FTXM25M and FTXM35M with the Daikin binding. Their integrated wifi is supported.

It looks like your version 25/35 device is from around 2015, so it probably had one of the old wifi modules.

According to this long HASS topic, the problems started to occur in the beginning of 2021 where the integrated wifi module was apparently replaced. New apparently incompatible version seems to be “BRP069C4x”.

Ich should probably rephrase my question:
Did anyone receive a new Daikin AC model last year and was able to use it locally with the existing binding out of the box?

Or did anyone replace the integrated new wifi module with an old one?
I’ve read that it might be possible to do so with the old “BRP069B42” which can be connected with an EKRS21 cable. Someone even posted a video on how to replace the wifi module (but for a different reason, because he wants to use the same app for his old and new Daikin ACs).

Can you please tell me if your Daikin remote control has a display and shows the current settings made through the binding? It looks like the remote only shows its own settings but not the settings that have been set through the network. This makes the remote control and its display useless. Can you confirm that? Is there a workaround for this?

My daikin remote is useless. Whenever I use it the settings made through OpenHab (temperature, heat/cold, air flow, etc) are overriden. I’ve ended up buying zigbee buttons to start/stop each unit. In theory I could have used dimmers but buttons proved to be good enough.

I use the temperature sensor from the external unit to set target temperatures and determine if connected units should be in heat / cold / dehumidifier state.

Thanks for your confirmation and an insight how you are dealing with this.
It is really a shame that the remote does not receive the settings back from the main unit, making it indeed useless. Yes, I could use a Hue dimmer or something similar to control the AC, but that way I still won’t see what settings are currently set without opening an app. The display of the remote would have been perfect.
If only there was a way to force the remote to sync its settings.