Danfoss Heating devices (z-wave) supported?

As far as I know, there are no parameters? At least, there aren’t any defined in the database, so if this is incorrect, then please update the database.

I add the params 1 to 11 to the database

Great - thanks. I’ll update the binding tonight if it looks ok…

Thanks to you @chris !!!
But what will we do with the CAN witch appear when a item is defined? Is there any possibility to fix it?

Thanks @hubertus_hettenkofe1 for your support in this issue.

As I am curious and trying to learn: Could I have been aware of these configuration parameters when updating the database? From where do you have the informations about these parameters 1 to 11?

As I said above, I don’t understand what is causing this from what I see in the log. Serial errors will occur occasionally, although this is a systematic issue and I would have liked to understand it. Since it’s not causing any problem, for now it is not at the top of my list of issues to work on though.

First from the device-documentation and the check on Pepper Device/565 as @jaydee73 writes before. In the uploaded documentation in your database the params not found - i will update this soon because i have to scan it and make a pdf, there is no downloadable documentation from danfoss where this params are illustrated.

BUT: No Problem - now there are.

Ok i understand. All information (Battery, Temperature etc.) works !!!

The only Problem - and this is a issue for me - is the LED Button. This creates a command “CENTRAL_SCENE” with the “value = {key=0, scene=1}” - maybee the “{” are the problem because we not know to handle this kind of value. Or someone has define an item that works well with, or we have to use a translation rule.

I have tried suggesting something to allow the scene information to be better used in ESH, but it’s not something that they want to do -:

(you will find my comments some way down).

We need to see how this goes…

Ah ok, now it’s getting clearer. I indeed saw the parameters on pepper, but I thought they are stored in the device and during the inclusion process they are automatically transferred to HABmin (and therefore to the XML file, which I uploaded to the database). But it seems that this hasn’t gone the way I thought it would…

I am curious again: For which purpose do you use the LED Button? I am using mine just to activate the Backlight of the display, but this can also be done by pressing the Down/Up Buttons, or am I wrong? Or is there another use case for the LED button?

This isn’t possible. The “only” place where this information comes from is manufacturer documentation. We can download the parameter values only - not the textual information about what they do…

Yes you can use it for trigger a rule in OH to do anything.
BUT the problem in the moment is - i dont know how to define the item.
If as STRING i get the error:

InstantiationException on org.openhab.core.library.types.StringType
As NUMBER or SWITCH etc. there happen nothing.

So you can switch on/off lights or up/down the rollershutter - if it works :wink:

i can reduce the problem to the value what is received:

value = {key=0, scene=1}

key can be 0, 1 or 2. I hope @rlkoshak or @Kai can have a look for. First i am not interesting on the value key or scene - to trigger the item for executing a rule is enough . Thank you.

Hi @chris,

i have update the documentation for the danfoss 014G0160 in the z-wave database.
There you can see the command-classes and functions too.

The device (and the documentation) applies to the devolo home control room sensor MT:2649 too.

Thanks.

Ok, thanks. I’ll take a look at this as we can copy the data directly within the database to the Devolo device…

Perfekt.

Return to the value’s:

value = {key=0, scene=1}

like the HTTP Binding it helps to add a “:” and then can execute a javascript or JSONPATH or something like that:

String MyItem “Some Text” { zwave=“81:command=central_scene:JS(getValue.js)” }

This will solve any problems with “exotic” return values.

I have tested … and here my workaround for use the LED Button in OH Rules:

1. Define a item of type number:

Number LEDButton-Item “My LED Button” { zwave=“81:command=central_scene” }

1. in rules:
rule "LED Thermostat Button"
when
      Item LEDButton-Item received update
then
       logInfo("Thermostat Button", "Status: " + LEDButton-Item.state)
       // do rule logic
end

you will get some “Protocol error (CAN), resending” in your log - that’s the handicap of this workaround. But in this way you get a update everytime the button is pushed and can react in your rule.

@hubertus_hettenkofe1 Is it possible that chris hasn’t yet updated the binding? I still do not have any config parameters in HABmin (and the Devolo device also seems not to be integrated yet). Do you?

I’ve just uploaded the update to OH1 a few minutes ago so it will be in tomorrows binding. Sorry for the delay - I had a ‘fun’ week of travel courtesy of French air traffic control strikes!

Thanks chris! No need to apologize!