Danfoss Living Connect thermostats not recognised by OpenHAB 2.5

Hi, I used to have my system running with 9 Danfoss Living Connect Z thermostats and it worked fine. I had to reinstall a new system recently and this time Openhab will not recognise them. I’m using an Aeotec Z-stick gen 5 as a controller which Openhab finds but when I pair with the thermostat it just sees unknown device. This is killing me a little bit - especially as it used to work and I have 9 of these things. By the way they are the open Z-wave version not the proprietary Danfoss protocol version.
I have openhabian latest version installed.

Does anyone know how I can get Openhab to recognise them? The are useless at the moment and it’s getting bloody cold! :slight_smile:

Here are the logs from the Karaf console:
openhab> log:tail org.openhab.binding.zwave
21:15:06.980 [INFO ] [.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler] - Attempting to add listener when controller is null
21:15:12.448 [INFO ] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting ZWave controller
21:15:12.452 [INFO ] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - ZWave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.
21:17:13.512 [INFO ] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting ZWave controller
21:17:13.515 [INFO ] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - ZWave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.
21:17:48.408 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.
21:18:13.850 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.

Many thanks in advance!
Tony

Hello Tony
If a z-wave battery driven device is not included properly I am doing as follows.
Delete the thing in Paper UI and rediscover it.
I am doing this with the browser on my mobile and having also a second tab with the log open.

When there is a log entry from discovery I am starting pushing the middle button several times (about 10 seconds between clicks) until the log shows thing as online.
This can take some while …

If that still does not do the trick you have to move the device closer to the controller.
Good luck!

2 Likes