Dash Button is triggered, but rule is not

I succesfully configured the dash button and it used to work (at least a few times).
However after changing some rules and items it seems not to work anymore.

In events.log I can see:
2018-06-27 18:36:58.429 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - amazondashbutton:dashbutton:6C:56:97:xx:xx:xx:press triggered

But my rule does not show any actitivies:

rule "AMZ_Dash1_WLAN State Monitoring"
when
	Channel "amazondashbutton:dashbutton:6C:56:97:xx:xx:xx:press" triggered
then
	var String speak = "NCO ist bei " + Loc_NCO_Clear.state
	Alexa_TTS.sendCommand(speak)

logInfo("network.rules", "AMZ_Dash1 has been triggered!")
end

PaperUI shows the dash correctly as online

Try

amazondashbutton:dashbutton:6C-56-97-xx-xx-xx:press

I have replaced “:” with “-” in the dash item & rule and recreated the thing with -

What confused me was, that someone posted the Thing ID must be the same like the MAC Address. Therefore I used the “exact” MAC Address with the “:” instead of “/”.

However: the situation is unchanged:
2018-06-29 10:39:03.771 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - amazondashbutton:dashbutton:6C-56-97-xx-xx-xx:press triggered

but nothing in openhab.log

MAC adress in the thing configuration needs to be with :, the trigger channel needs to have the dash -.
At least that is the way it works for me…

If it still does not work try to set the java cap again:

sudo setcap cap_net_raw,cap_net_admin=eiprealpath /usr/bin/java`

Edit: there seems to be an error in your rule because your events log shows a succesfull trigger.
Put your loginfo at the top of the rule after then

Good idea - I will try.

Actually my MAC adress is with “:”
6C:56:97:xx:xx:xx

but the ThingID I have setup with “-”
otherwise it will not wirk with my item:
Switch AMZ_Dash1 "Dash Button 1 [%s]" (G_jdbc) {channel="amazondashbutton:dashbutton:6C-56-97-xx-xx-xx:press"}

You don’t need any items, just the trigger channel in your rule.

Alright.

The result is strange though (still have the item - does not hurt I guess).

However, after moving the loginfo entry to right after “then” (nothing else!!), it started working again…
I guess I need to watch it closely.
Thanks!!

Yeah, but does not help either: you will maybe see a very short ON when the dash button is pressed, but you cannot send any state to the dash button when you click your switch on your GUI.
That’s the reason why the example in the docs does not have any items setup … :grinning:

Yes, BUT: that means your loginfo gets saved to the log, but what about the remaining part of your rule. You need to add a logingo after each line to see where the rule stops …

Actually I meant, that the entire rule is working again.
Not just the log entrry, but also the TTS command and the Telegram Action. :slight_smile:

About is does not help either…
For me it’s just a reminder, that there is something in the rules.
But you are right, I just will mark it as a comment

1 Like