Dashboard UI suitable for tablets

T[quote=“nbibin001, post:429, topic:2329”]
when I change the device status from the App it is not getting updated in the Dashing Dashboard on the tablet
[/quote]

Sounds as if your mqtt client isn’t set up correctly (point 2 in my previous email).

Hi Smar, I was also trying to connect an IP camera also into the dashing dashboard as per your example. I have a V380 IP Camera and I was trying to edit the cameras.erb file under jobs folder.
So I was trying to find out how I should be filling these entries in the cameras.erb file. Could you please help me with this as well ?
camera1Host = “cctv_server” ## I guess this should be the IP address of my IP camera. Need a confirmation
camera1Port = “80” ## Not sure what this should be, please help
camera1Username = ‘None’ ## IP Camera’s username from the setup
camera1Password = ‘’ ## IP Camera’s password from the setup
camera1URL = “/mobile/channel01.jpg” ## Not sure what this should be, please help
newFile1 = “assets/images/cameras/snapshot1_new.jpeg” ##This is the folder inside dashing project folder
oldFile1 = “assets/images/cameras/snapshot1_old.jpeg”

Correct

This is the port of your camera web server. It is the number that you sometimes see in the url (e.g. http://cam1:8080/img - in this example the port would be 8080). If you don’t see such a number in your url, you are using the default web server port 80.

This is any part in your camera’s web url after domain and port, e.g. if your url is http://camera_ip:port/some_text/other_text, then this part would be /some_text/other_text

Thanks Samar. I figured out the camera URL and is working now. One other question :slight_smile: , not sure if you have seen this or not. So I was using a dashing Ohswitch widget to turn on and off a device through the Openhab. The device is working, but the feedback status on the dashing UI seems to be not right. Lets say the initial status of the device is OFF, and when I press the push button on the dashing UI to turn it ON, the device turns on, but the dashing UI button status goes to green for a glimpse of a second and then comes back to the OFF state. The actual device is still ON. I have to actually touch the dashing UI button again to make the status of the UI button to be ON.I was just trying to figure out what might be wrong. The same problem does not occur with the Ohdimmer widget. When I touch the +/- buttons it sets the corresponding status to the device an also the UI shows the right %.

No, I haven’t seen this as it is working fine on my system. You will need to debug and see what messages are being sent to the dashing UI as it sounds as if something is telling dashing to turn off the button. Maybe have a look at the SSE server component, and trace there?

Hey thanks a lot Smar for the pointer. I think I figured it out. It was like my device eventhough it was just doing ON/OFF it was sending status 0 and 100 for it to OpenHAB also to the Dashing. I looked the Dashing code, it was not setup to handling 0/100 for the switches. So I made the changes in my device code to send ON, OFF the dashing UI status changes properly. Works great now…

I am trying to do the next step in the Github dashing link, which is auto load the dashing UI when motion is detected with Tasker and Motion Detector Apps. I couldnt get the detaild instructions though. Do you by any chance have the instructions or any link ? Appreciate your help on this as well.

Any updates on this? I’m considering buying the Dropcam Pro and would live to know if there’s a solution for this.

The only instructions are those on the github. What specifically are you getting stuck with? The way this works is:

1. Motion Detector (seperate stand alone app from the Play Store) detects motion and sends a trigger to Tasker
  2. Tasker has a profile that listens for triggers from Motion Detector. As soon as it receives a motion detected trigger, it turns the screen on and shows the dash ui.

The profile for Tasker is included in the github, so you won’t need to write it yourself - just import the profile into Tasker.

That should be it, not much else to it.

@poertner & @smar

I’ve recently set up some graphing and haven’t been able to find a way to include it in the dashboard; could either of you share a little more insight?

I haven’t used graphing in dashing, but saw that there is a graph widget. This seems to be based on the Rickshaw javascript library. This may a good starting point. If you are using something like Grafana (e.g. InfluxDB+Grafana persistence and graphing) then you have additional options:

1. Use an image widget in dashing, with the source of the image being a Grafana panel image url

2. As a dashboard is simply an HTML page, embed a Grafana image panel into your dashboard

Hope that helps.

I was hoping to just use rrd4j vs a full blown DB setup :frowning:

This was my last widgit attempt:

<div data-id="iframe01" data-view="Iframe" data-link="http://localhost:8080/chart?groups=gChart&period=4h/"></div>

I’m starting to think that dashing can’t load the URL/rrd4j into a widget, but wanted to check with others before giving up on it.

how did you get your widgets to align perfectly with the grid?

@AV_HomeAuto; like how you got all your widgets to fill the space, how did you achieve the fixed aspect ratio? i tried modifying the .scss files but that seems to achieve nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated

would you be so kind as to re-upload the temp widgets? the website says file not found. thanks

Sorry about that think I removed those after I migrated to OH2. I found a backup on my NAS hopefully they were the most recent ones. See if this link works.

great, many thanks. I also am in the process of testing OH2 but have not fully migrated yet as there are bindings that i need under OH 1.x that are essential to my operation and not yet compatible with OH2.

Hi Do you have any info on how to connect Britsh Gas Hive to OH2

I used the information from http://www.smartofthehome.com/2016/05/hive-rest-api-v6/ to put together some bash scripts to get data from Hive. I’m a bit tied up with work at the moment, but when I get some time, I’ll try to put together some simple instructions if you are still stuck (a number of people have privately PM’d me on this).

Thanks, must appreciated. as a matter of interest are you using any radiator thermostats linked to OH/Hive

Not at the moment, though I did buy some Honeywell thermostats which were ‘hackable’ - i.e. could add wireless connectivity etc. Again, I haven’t had enough time, and so these have been gathering dust…