Dashboard UI suitable for tablets

I had the same error and had to google it. I had to run

sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.3 postgresql-server-dev-9.3 libpq-dev

That will get you past that error.

ok thanks :+1:
for those on RPI - this is what you need to install in complete:

sudo apt-get install postgresql libpq-dev sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev

I couldnā€™t remember the other one offhand I knew there was another after that. This was the same thing for me on an ubuntu server install on my esxi box

cool & thanks - at least its all starting now. and i will now get into your mentioned ā€œhoursā€ in customizing activites.

cheers
Karsten

1 Like

One last question - can i change the dashboards on the fly - or would i need to restart the server each time i do an update?

thanks

Oh the hours are fun and it can be addicting. What do you mean change them on the fly? You could rename them different files in the layouts and than when you go to your http://ip:3030/default just change default to the layout file you would like. I plan on doing different dashboards for the different rooms in the house where I plan on walmounting cheap 50 dollar tablets.

what do you want to change? Changes to the *.erb files and widget files can be made on the the fly, just simply reload the site, and you should see changes.

Changes made to any of the .rb files in the lib and jobs folders i believe require a restart, meaning, I havenā€™t found a way to commit them without restarting.

i am getting more and more excited on what had been developped here :smiley: currently running it on a RPI 2 - while openhab is still on a separate pi. Performance is good so far

Just a few questions to work on the WAF - :wink:

• Can i make the clock to a 24hr clock . if so - how?
  • how could i adopt the headings in the weather widget? Where are those grabbed from? means how to translate them from english into another language?
  • :wave: :wave: @Robert_Burgess how did you realize the time to work widget? I really need this one!

and KUDOS to @smar

thx
    Karsten

@karsten_kaiser_1971 so i removed the picture because I didnt notice i put the one up with my home address and work address LOL. Anyway, this was a widget that was originally created by @apatel, his was a bit more robust than mine showing multiple routes and the street names.For me I used a different api actually to get the information I wanted. I can zip up my version and send it over.

As far as the clock, in the widgets folder go to the clock directory. Than in there adjust the clock.coffee script. Theres a format hours function in there. You can just have it not run this so that it just places the hours returned.

Weather widget theres a map file that you would use to translate. The weather binding on the openhab site has a default one you can use but than obviously edit to what you want it to translate.

Same with me. I started off with a cheap Archos.com tablet. Was not worth it. Bad display and a broken NAND chip. I sent it back. Then I bought a used Nexus 7 from 2012. It has a great display and also runs Android Lollipop natively.
    The wallmount with meeting WAF will be the tougher part :smile:

Sorry WAF LoL. Something isnā€™t clicking there for me. Anyway waitz I was thinking of using the new $50 tablets from amazon. If my apartment was big enough and I had the funds iā€™d do the 6 pack of tablets from amazon for $250. What I need to find now is some really long micro usb cables :slight_smile:

WAF = Woman (Wife) Acceptance Factor. :flushed:

@Robert_Burgess sharing that widget would be great - forum user name ( ā€˜_ā€™ substitute with a ā€˜.ā€™) @ gmail.com

Cheers Karsten

Hey,
    did anyone already setup Ohrollershutter widget? Iā€™ve tried a bit this and that but cant get a working widget.
    My item looks like this:

Rollershutter eg_Rolladen_Wozi_Links    "Rolladen Wohnz. [%d %%]"  		 <rollershutter> (gEG_Rollaeden,gDashboard)   {homematic="address=LEQ*******, channel=1, parameter=LEVEL"}

Anyone an idea?
    Thanks

I have KNX items, so would be difficult for me. But in theory it should be similar like with the dimmer item.

What rest interface commands could you use?

Cheers

Karsten

Hi,
    I am experiencing the same problem as a few others here. When I open the dashboard, I just get a grey background and a header that read openHAB Dashboard
    Iā€™ve tried to redownload the code multiple times, with no luck. My log does not show any specific errors.
    Chrome Inspect element shows this error at the bottom:

Uncaught Error: ExecJS::RuntimeError: node: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by node)
    node: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.16' not found (required by node)
    (in /opt/dashboard/assets/javascripts/application.coffee)

Any ideas, anyone?

G

@gaute91 Itā€™s difficult to pin without investigating, but Iā€™ve seen this happen when code is not correctly lined up in one or more widget coffeescript files. Have you edited any of them? If you havenā€™t already, it may be worth trying to get the dashboard to start using all the original files as they are (i.e. including the dashboard layout files).

Another thought - make sure that you are opening the correct .erb file (e.g. your url should be something like http://openhab:3030/default`)

@waitz_sebastian I havenā€™t tried out that widget myself, but as @karsten_kaiser_1971 says, it should be similar to the dimmer. Maybe worth comparing the coffeescript for the two to see if thereā€™s anything missing in the blinds widget.

@Robert_Burgess Iā€™m also quite interested in the new Amazon Fire tablets. At that price point, they seem a bargain. In any event, Iā€™m waiting for them to get rooted, so that we can install Google Play Store. Not sure that we can install Chrome without Play Store.

check here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=98079&p=687477 that worked for me.

Cheers
    Karsten

Sorry @karsten_kaiser_1971, let me go ahead and get this over. I have been a bit busy so I apologize on the delay. Iā€™ll send this over tonight.

@smar agreed the price point makes them a very viable tablet option. I donā€™t see them having difficulty getting these rooted at all. Hopefully it comes soon because it will appeal hugely to this community and I know i"m interested.

Thanks @smar & @karsten_kaiser_1971.
    Ive copied the dimmer over and renamed it. After tewaking all files a bit, ii finally got it working. Changed from + and - buttons to up and down and had to invert the percentage increase/decrease.
    Not sexy but working OK :slight_smile:

Bzw, while analyzing with chrome dev console i came to know that active switch buttons should be green like the dimmer buttons. But seems like the CSS setting gets overwritten and is never active. In fact the ohswitch active icon is white instead of green.
    Anyone an idea how to make it equal in all Widgets?
    Thanks

@smar agreed as well, the new fire looks interesting.

Just wondering if we could create a widget that has a value dependent background color. For my solar power - being green when sufficient power for the house is generated.

Any idea?

@waitz_sebastian could you share your widget that @smar could add it to the repo?

Cheers Karsten