Davis Binding errors

I’m running OH2 and have the Davis binding installed and configured and working OK but I see the following in my logs;
2020-04-27 05:37:45.123 [WARN ] [.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding] - unexpected response too short: , expected: \n\rOK\n\r

2020-04-27 05:37:45.129 [WARN ] [.binding.davis.internal.DavisBinding] - error, dropping remaining data!

2020-04-27 05:38:07.979 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-davis’

then line 3 is repeated every minute. What can I do to resolve this error?

Restart OH a few times.

sudo systemctl restart openhab2

Watch the logs and make sure OH is fully restarted between each restart. Usually takes 2-3 restarts for OH to start working properly.

If that does not work please post what binding version and how you installed it.

I’ve restarted multiple times since I installed the Davis binding.
I’ve installed v 1.14.0 jar file in the /usr/share/openhab2/addons folder and added the things, items and sitemap as recommend by cutting and pasting.
I’m still getting the error in the log every minute.
[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-davis’
Nothing else to give a clue.
I don’t have to fix it because the Davis binding seems to be working perfectly but it would be nice to tidy it up.

Use the openhabian-config tool, select option 10, then pick “add needed packages”, “fix permissions” and “svr mounts” then do another restart.

I’ve just done all of that but I’m still getting the one line error even though the Davis Binding appears to be working OK so I’ll just leave it as is.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Not sure why the error but keep an eye on the logs.