Davis VantagePro2 Binding

Hello All,

I am running openHAB 2.4 on an Ubuntu Linux server. I am brand new to openHAB. I have a Davis VantagePro2 with an IP dongle. How would I go about binding this so that I can view the current temperature on the basic UI. I would ultimately like to configure it to work on the HABPANEL as well.

Thank you for your time.

Welcome to the openHAB Community :heart:

Quick search in the openHAB doc - https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/davis1/#davis-binding
I don’t know if this is what you are looking for.

Thank you for the welcome!

I visited that guide and I wasn’t sure exactly what I needed to do. It appears that you have to search for the binding and then install it but I cannot find any davis bindings in the search. Do I create my own "davis.cfg in the services folder? If so what goes in that cfg file? Thanks.

Hmmmm that could be because it’s a 1.X binding so a little older.
You need to enable 1.X Bindings in your Paper UI > configuration > system “Include Legacy 1.x Bindings”
Then try to search again. :slight_smile:

Hmmm. I enabled 1.x bindings in both the cfg file and the configuration/system and still no luck.

So you enabled in the Paper UI conf system tab the 1.X support.
Did you download the binding the Add-ons tab?

If you did that, the openHAB log would be very helpful.

So I’ve configured my system according to this post: Davis weather via IP

Here is what my log is showing:

2019-10-26 14:31:56.826 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-davis’
2019-10-26 14:32:00.595 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.davis-1.12.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.davis [225]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.binding