Debian needrestart/checkrestart always lists openhab if bluetooth binding is installed

If I have the bluetooth binding installed, openhab always shows as needing to be restarted in needrestart or checkrestart. If I let it go ahead and restart openhab, within 10 seconds or so openhab already “needs restarting” again. If I uninstall the bluetooth binding and restart openhab once, the issue goes away. As soon as I reinstall the binding, the issue comes back.

It doesn’t seem to break anything but openhab is getting restarted every time apt installs updates, because needrestart hooks into that, and I have it set to automatically restart services that are “using outdated libraries”.

I’m not sure exactly how needrestart works, but I think it looks for services that have loaded files that have since been deleted. This is the output I get from lsof:

$ sudo lsof -o / | awk '$4 == "DEL"'
java      149714          openhab  DEL    REG  254,1                    20841204 /var/lib/openhab/tmp/jffi8935927237225075855.so

the file is always /var/lib/openhab/tmp/jffi[NUMBERS].so , but the numbers do change every time openhab is restarted.

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: AMD Ryzen 1700, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “11.0.12” 2021-07-20
    • openHAB version: 3.1.0-1