Default Widget Order Index

Is the Default Widget Order Index really an integer index? Looks like a simple string to me, and widgets are displayed following the alphabetical order of this string…

Fred

You can use a,b,c… or numbers like 1 ,2,3 or 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1
But 11 is between 1 and 2

Ok, thanks. So the help is not accurate, as it mentions integers…

Fred

Do you confirm that all items of Semantic Property Light with an order index should be ordered following that index, no matter they are in the model tree (nested or not in locations and sub-locations)?

This feature does not work as expected… If I use this naming convention for index:

I get a different order than using this one:

0:1:1
0:2:1
0:2:2
0:3:1
1:1:1
1:1:2
1:2:1
1:2:2
1:3:1
1:4:1

And in both cases, I do not get an alphabetical order! And I can’t find any logic: some items are correctly ordered, some not. There must be other factors I don’t see…

I have the feeling that the order of an item also depends on the order of its parent(s), but I can’t find the logic behind!

Why the sorting via “Default widget order index” can’t be transfered from Model sorting to Sitemap Group sorting please ?
If I don’t use groups but separate items, then it is possible to sort via Pages.
Sorting on sitemap don’t correspond with sorting in Model using “Default widget order index”.

Partially solution in openhab 3 doesn’t sort like in OH2 item order in .items file
OH3 => configuration => sitemap => sort in groups

• no sort
  • by label
  • by name

On OH2 group items are sorted in sitemap according item position in the .items file.