Denon / Marantz 2.0 Binding

I’d did a restart of OpenHab.
Now the messages are gone…

1 Like

Hi all,

Thank you for this binding, its what has motivated me to go full steam ahead into openHAB in my house.

I have a rather silly question, I’m trying to set the AVR’s input to Tuner, which in turn also turns it on, I have the switch and rule all set up and it turns on the Receiver but when I tried to add the line to set to tuner I get an error as below: I’m sure I’m just asking it in the wrong way and I’ve tried a few other methods I’ve found above but without sucess.

Error: 2020-05-30 16:46:34.059 [WARN ] [rthome.model.script.actions.BusEvent] - Cannot convert ‘TUNER’ to a command type which item ‘GF_Lounge_DenonX2500’ accepts: [OnOffType, RefreshType].

My command from rules: GF_Lounge_DenonX2500.sendCommand(“TUNER”)}

Model: Denon AVR-2500H.

All other functions work great, I can choose Input from the Menu I have set up in Basic UI, turn on/off etc, all LIGHTNING FAST- Basically instant!!! Faster than both the AVR Remote App and google home even.

Hi @Allen8. Please share the definition of item GF_Lounge_DenonX2500. It looks like it is a Switch type while you are sending some other command to it.
You need to send the command to an item linked to the channel mainZone#input

Hi @jwveldhuis.

Thank you replying, here are the item definitions I have in my .items file for GF_Lounge_DenonX2500

Switch GF_Lounge_DenonX2500 “Denon X2500” (GF_Lounge, gDenonX2500) {channel=“denonmarantz:avr:d34bc4e0:general#power”}
Dimmer GF_Lounge_DenonX2500_vol “Volume (AMP)” (GF_Lounge, gDenonX2500) {channel=“denonmarantz:avr:d34bc4e0:mainZone#volume”}
String GF_Lounge_DenonX2500_In “Input [%s] (AMP)” (GF_Lounge, gDenonX2500) {channel=“denonmarantz:avr:d34bc4e0:mainZone#input”}
Switch GF_Lounge_DenonX2500_mute “Mute (AMP)” <soundvolume_mute> (GF_Lounge, gDenonX2500) {channel=“denonmarantz:avr:d34bc4e0:mainZone#mute”}

Ok. Change the rule to
GF_Lounge_DenonX2500_In.sendCommand(“TUNER”)

1 Like

HI,

Thank you, I tried it out now and I get the following error in the log:

2020-05-31 08:59:39.709 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule ‘Radio_Mode_ON’: The name ‘TUNER’ cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 9, column 41, length 5

I added : String GF_Radio_Mode_Command “Radio” (GF_Lounge, gDenonX2500) {channel=“denonmarantz:avr:d34bc4e0:general#command”} to my items (it was there from the beginning but I removed it somewhere along the line whilst adding it to the builders code) and BOOM! it can now switch to tuner at the press of a button! It doesn’t work as I expected which is solely down to my rules which I will sort out later today.

Thank you so much @jwveldhuis really appreciate the help!

Thanks for the great binding!
I was using a python script to control my Marantz (SR5006), after installed the binding I found the script telling me “Target machine actively refused the connection”. I can still browse to it and control it though.

I guess it is because my Marantz allows only 1 telnet? Can the binding disconnect when not in use for a while?
Would you be able to implement a channel to allow sending user typed string? for example “TFAN009110” which switches radio to FM91? This way I can retire my script.

Thanks a lot.

@yardern yes only 1 active telnet connection is supported. And no the binding can’t disconnect. You can try to use the HTTP method of connecting to the receiver.
Or try to come up with a ‘multiplexer’ for the telnet connection. E.g. listen on another machine/IP on port 23 and accept multiple connections from there and distribute all output from the receiver through the multiplexer. I had such a script (using Python) running successfully a while ago but no longer have it…

@jwveldhuis
Thanks for your response and answer!
I am not good at programming, but managed to have 2 python scripts working, 1 uses http and 1 uses telnet. I can switch between them no problem to control Marantz at several seconds interval, after I uninstalled the binding.
I guess there must be a reason to have the binding maintain an active connection.
I will stick with my script for now. Thanks.

@jwveldhuis Have you seen [DenonMarantz] Telnet Thread Issue · Issue #9494 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub ? Bug was opened as a byproduct of looking for a different thread issue.

Not yet but now I have. Will see. It’s just 1 thread but get the point if all bindings do that there is a risk of starvation.