Deploy a modified binding

I modified a binding from the repository for my own use, tested it in the Eclipse IDE but am now stuck as to how I can get it to show up in my openhab2 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT environment. I exported the binding to a jar file and added it to the /addons directory. After running Karaf and paperui, I don’t see my binding. What steps am I missing? Thanks.

What do you mean when you say exported? Did you build the .jar with maven and copy it from org.openhab.binding.xxxxx/target folder to addons?

From Eclipse I exported to a java/jar file and put that into the addons directory.

I’m not sure if eclipse supports this kind of building. I suggest you to install maven and do ‘mvn clean install’ from command line. Aside from building the .jar it has multiple automated tools to verify the binding.

Did you get this to work?

It did. I was able to do it in eclipse but I uninstalled and reinstalled eclipse before I got it to work. I must have messed something up with the IDE on my first install. I put the jar file in the addons folder and it worked.

1 Like